GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Thanks for all the kind words."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 17/11/05 at 14:36
Regular
"Dole scum"
Just spent the last half hour or so reading through all the posts lamenting the death of SR and wishing us well for the future. It's genuinely touching, and nice to see everyone pulling in the same direction for once, without the usual descent into bickering that had permeated most threads of late!

I'd been at SR for 7 years - almost to the exact day, I joined on 16th November - and in Marketing (and therefore a mod on here) for the last couple. For the last few months they'd moved the marketing and buying departments into the one room (we'd been 'streamlined' enough to all fit in together) and it was genuinely a really fun place to come and work - the dynamic was great.

These forums have helped pass the time in an amusing an interesting way over the years, either when I was so bored of trying to pretend that a game I'd never played was the best game, like, EVER (I've read and appropriated more game press releases than you lot have had hot dinners) and needed a break, or I simply needed to find something to pass the time while waiting for programs or large pictures to load on my impossibly old and slow computers. If I hacked anyone off with my warnings or bannings, sorry - it was genuinely never anything personal.

So, farewell to you all. It's been a great pleasure working with all my fellow marketeers. James, I'll miss having a fellow yid to talk yid-talk to on a daily basis, thanks for all the trips to Tesco - I really should give you some petrol money, shame I don't have a job. Ross, sorry your return was so short-lived, but you're so talented I reckon you'll fall on your feet and actually get paid what you're worth somewhere better. Simon, another fellow Old Newportonian (how bizarre - 4 in one office!), registered but never posted, I have no doubt you would have become legend. Short but sweet - if I passed on anything of value then I will have surprised myself, but great. (Right click, create layer - don't forget.) Tony, it was so much better having you at the top of the food chain than TR, but you were too nice and we took advantage of your generous nature with our laziness (well, I did, anyway). Seven years, man.

Good luck to everyone. To the buyers - thanks for the laughs and the tea.

Austin

PS. Now... didn't someone actually wish the dole queue on us the very day we all lost our jobs? Hope you're happy now...
Fri 18/11/05 at 09:17
Regular
Kilgore Trout, then could you help as you have worked for 7 years with special reserve? I ordered 6 games on 15th november (Tuesday gone) and am worried to have gone to the site today and it's closed! I never realised they were closing. I ordered online with Debit Card Visa, What will happen for me now? Will they send games or reimburse money back? I really need some help on this. cheers and goodluck for future.
Thu 17/11/05 at 23:02
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
ßora† §agdiyeV wrote:
> I can be Vice-President.

Junior Vice-President
Thu 17/11/05 at 22:57
Regular
What about BERADS and AB1000?
Thu 17/11/05 at 22:56
Dringo wrote:
> I may have been joking Monkey Man. You never know. (I'm sure I've said
> that already this week)
>

Previous convicts never joke, Dring, only think of their next job.

KT, you were a great guy, certainly not on a part with a few, but far greater than most of the staffers. In fact, I rank you 3rd on my list, after Snuggly, who gave games to me for my creative, mind blowing reviews, and Duff girl, purely for having "girl" in her name and actually answering questions to problems.
Thu 17/11/05 at 22:51
Regular
"..."
KT, although I never had much interaction with the staffies, being a WWE Forum guy, other than the occasional complaint or random question in the Site Bugs forum, you all seemed a good, if long-suffering bunch. I even retract my comment backing up Hedfix about you guys being morally bankrupt, it was said in anger and not a true reflection on yourselves.

Hope you and all the other staffies get fixed up with jobs sooner rather than later.
Thu 17/11/05 at 22:48
Regular
Kudos mister Trout. When you find a well paying job befitting your stature, put in a good word for old Borat. I can be Vice-President.
Thu 17/11/05 at 20:33
Regular
I may have been joking Monkey Man. You never know. (I'm sure I've said that already this week)

Although I didn't know Tony worked for Freeola.

Back on topic, good luck for finding a job. I'm on the job prowl myself so if you see anything for a criminal with little experience and still in university, point us in the direction.

I'm sure there are tonnes of places looking for Christmas temps. Should help you through the next few months and then you can go on a proper job search in the new year.

Just a thought.
Thu 17/11/05 at 20:30
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Dringo you're making yourself sound like an arsonists AND an idiot. At once.
Thu 17/11/05 at 20:28
Regular
Kilgore Trout wrote:
Tony, Bob, Torquay United and
> various others went with Freeola and have officially not had anything
> to do with SR since then.

Tony went with Freeola??

Really? Why hasn't he said anything.

He has already hinted that these forums may continue and maybe even Gameaday one day.

Surely if he works for freeola he knows something.

Hmmmmm his return may mean something.

CONSPIRACY!
Thu 17/11/05 at 20:27
Regular
bye Frank I look forward to reading your next sci-fi story in next months issue of Jugs

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.