GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Worst Player Awards"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 12/11/05 at 20:39
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
We always go on about how good a player is - but this is for you to moan about which players cost teams matches - or just generally annoy you.

I'm starting with Scott Shearer - GK for Bristol Rovers (aka Flapperjack).
He's had about 2-3 clean sheets this season and cost Rovers their home game to Rochdale - one via a penalty (he brought a player down unecessarily) and let in another, which was a very soft goal.

A special mention also goes out Aaron Lescott - a stinker of a game (but he's forgiven - he was played out of position and is usually a good player).

What about yours?
Sun 13/11/05 at 14:46
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
You play for southend? well done for knocking Rovers out last season (if you played for them then) - we were under Atkins' reign of terror. We deserved to lose.

Playing at home in a competion with a lone striker, just back from a court case for alledged rape. Not the best thing he did. Then he made him take the penalty...guaranteed miss. Agogo is a lot better now though...
Sun 13/11/05 at 12:20
Regular
"Funky Gibon"
As a southend fan I have to say Graeme (i can't spell) Jones. Someone scouted him in a low scottish division and he scored a few goals. He is the worst as he scored 3 goals in lots of games but he was the worst, as a striker he missed lots of open goals which would have won us the game. He was quite old and was extremely slow. I saw recently that he scored in scotland for a lowish division team on Final Score and i was amazed. He must now be 34/35 and must run as fast as a fat man after fruit.
Sun 13/11/05 at 12:12
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Fígó wrote:
> Smedlos wrote:
> David Johnson would be my choice for my team Forest. Last season he
> was out injured for quite a bit but then fell out with Megsona and
> only got a few games.
>
> OK he's scored a few this season now he's back on talking terms with
> Megson but we paid £3M for him and he's a total waste of money
> in my opinion, the money could have been much better spent.
>
> Hehe, tis a pity he broke his leg, was awesome before that happened.

Yeah he nearly fired us into the Premiership one season after scoring 25ish goals but we got beat by Sheffield United in the play off semis. Never been the same since he broke his leg.
Sun 13/11/05 at 11:26
Regular
Smedlos wrote:
> David Johnson would be my choice for my team Forest. Last season he
> was out injured for quite a bit but then fell out with Megsona and
> only got a few games.
>
> OK he's scored a few this season now he's back on talking terms with
> Megson but we paid £3M for him and he's a total waste of money
> in my opinion, the money could have been much better spent.

Hehe, tis a pity he broke his leg, was awesome before that happened.
Sun 13/11/05 at 11:10
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
David Johnson would be my choice for my team Forest. Last season he was out injured for quite a bit but then fell out with Megsona and only got a few games.

OK he's scored a few this season now he's back on talking terms with Megson but we paid £3M for him and he's a total waste of money in my opinion, the money could have been much better spent.
Sat 12/11/05 at 20:52
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
But has Crouch actually done anything for England? He seems to be on the starting line-up in the last few games, but he's more in the way than anything.
Sat 12/11/05 at 20:49
Regular
"RIP: Brian Clough"
Yeah Crouch, I'm not one of these people who thinks he's useless, I think he can do a job for any team. But there's no denying if he didn't have the stature of a giraffe he wouldn't even be in Sven's plans. His balance, speed, fitness and touch I think are all below Premiership quality let alone on the international stage, but you gotta realise that regardless of whether he's a quality player, if he starts winning us matches he'll get in the team.

For me Glen Johnson always seems to fail miserably whenever I watch him, but to be fair I haven't seem him play much.
Sat 12/11/05 at 20:47
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
What use is he up front for England? Makes us look like a laughing stock. Tallest up front and still loses outon headers from the opposition sproglets.

For a great laugh on the behalf of Crouch [URL]http://football.guardian.co.uk/thegallery/[/URL] It's the first one in the classic galleries section.
Sat 12/11/05 at 20:43
Regular
"Baros!!!"
Peter Crouch....
Sat 12/11/05 at 20:39
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
We always go on about how good a player is - but this is for you to moan about which players cost teams matches - or just generally annoy you.

I'm starting with Scott Shearer - GK for Bristol Rovers (aka Flapperjack).
He's had about 2-3 clean sheets this season and cost Rovers their home game to Rochdale - one via a penalty (he brought a player down unecessarily) and let in another, which was a very soft goal.

A special mention also goes out Aaron Lescott - a stinker of a game (but he's forgiven - he was played out of position and is usually a good player).

What about yours?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.