GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Worst Player Awards"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 12/11/05 at 20:39
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
We always go on about how good a player is - but this is for you to moan about which players cost teams matches - or just generally annoy you.

I'm starting with Scott Shearer - GK for Bristol Rovers (aka Flapperjack).
He's had about 2-3 clean sheets this season and cost Rovers their home game to Rochdale - one via a penalty (he brought a player down unecessarily) and let in another, which was a very soft goal.

A special mention also goes out Aaron Lescott - a stinker of a game (but he's forgiven - he was played out of position and is usually a good player).

What about yours?
Sun 13/11/05 at 23:13
Regular
down wrote:
> He might cause problems, but wouldn't you admit Kuyt would cause more?
> He's shorter, sure, but he's better in the air, and a better striker
> all round.

You see again you miss the point. Crouch is a good player and a good striker. He is a little off form but just a little, it is irrelevant because his main quality is obvious. He can head a ball well, again needs to master his technique, and is very clever especially when picking his passes.

Meanwhile his main job is to disrupt, to cause problems. He knows his ability and he knows his footballing importance. One day you will too.
Sun 13/11/05 at 23:05
He might cause problems, but wouldn't you admit Kuyt would cause more? He's shorter, sure, but he's better in the air, and a better striker all round.
Sun 13/11/05 at 22:41
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
I think I'd choose Koller over Crouch, despite Koller being about fifty now.

It's generally true though, I think, having the tall man in there creates confusion and worry among the defence that creates opportunities for others. Apparently when Johann Cruyff was losing with Barcelona, he'd put a big man on and tell everyone to welly it up to him. And he's one of the best tacticians there has ever been.
Sun 13/11/05 at 22:38
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Dringo wrote:
> He is the best 6ft 7 player you'll find.

Probably the only 6'7 player you'll find.
Sun 13/11/05 at 22:33
Regular
He is the best 6ft 7 player you'll find.

And he is good. All people see is that he hasn't scored goals. That isn't his main job, he is a disruptive player. Disrupts the defence and causes enough problems to create oppertunities.
Sun 13/11/05 at 22:30
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
A 6'7 player in the box can only be an advantage.

Would be better if he was good though.
Sun 13/11/05 at 22:25
Regular
down wrote:
> I thought he nearly put off Owen for the second goal, actually

You could argue it was Owen that snatched it away from Crouch.

If crouch wasn't there Owen would not have scored those two goals. I stand by that.
Sun 13/11/05 at 22:20
I thought he nearly put off Owen for the second goal, actually
Sun 13/11/05 at 22:19
Regular
Those that think Peter Crouch is useless clearly know nothing about football.

His presence in the box is terrifying. No matter the team. Against Argentina and Chelsea he had the potential to change the game. In the argentina game it is no secret that crouch came on and then England went from 2-1 down to 3-2 up. His presence draws defenders to him, giving the oppertunity to other strikers to get on the end of things as the defence is not where it should be. In the case of that game, 2 goals for England.
Sun 13/11/05 at 15:03
Regular
"Funky Gibon"
hippyman wrote:
> You play for southend?
I wish but i did play for them bit i did see the rovers game and southend deserved it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.