GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Worst Player Awards"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 12/11/05 at 20:39
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
We always go on about how good a player is - but this is for you to moan about which players cost teams matches - or just generally annoy you.

I'm starting with Scott Shearer - GK for Bristol Rovers (aka Flapperjack).
He's had about 2-3 clean sheets this season and cost Rovers their home game to Rochdale - one via a penalty (he brought a player down unecessarily) and let in another, which was a very soft goal.

A special mention also goes out Aaron Lescott - a stinker of a game (but he's forgiven - he was played out of position and is usually a good player).

What about yours?
Mon 14/11/05 at 16:22
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
I very much doubt that if such an option did exist and you asked him to stay in a particular position he wouldn't.....
Mon 14/11/05 at 15:54
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
I have van Hooijdonk in my master league team at the moment. I say 'team,' I mean 'squad,' obviously. He's my big man to bring on when I'm losing/still level with ten or fifteen minutes to go. He won't stay in the box though, which is annoying. There should be a 'big man' position, where the orders are "don't come out of the box ever again if you want your legs in the morning." Or something like that.
Mon 14/11/05 at 14:52
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
I'm probably speaking from personal experience - one of my mates is his gardner and he said after talking to him he comes across as a bit of an arrogant d*ck who throws his toys out of the pram if he can't get his own way so it's unsurprising he fell out with Megson.

I'm probably just afraid of another Van Hooijdonk saga though.
Mon 14/11/05 at 14:17
Regular
"..."
Smedlos wrote:
> David Johnson would be my choice for my team Forest.

That's a bit harsh on any striker in a team which also includes Neil Harris and Eugene Dadi...
Mon 14/11/05 at 13:27
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Smedlos wrote:
> It really is shocking how he loses out in the air, he should win
> every header he goes for.

Hardly surprising considering he has the vertical leap of an elephant.
Mon 14/11/05 at 11:57
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
hippyman wrote:
> Crouch is only in the team for his height. He still doesn't use this
> to his advantage. He loses out to headers to men a third of his
> height - how can this be good?

It really is shocking how he loses out in the air, he should win every header he goes for. Beckham should be firing in inch perfect crosses into the box for Crouch to get his head onto but unfortunately Crouch hasn't got the heading skills a man of his height should have.
Mon 14/11/05 at 11:04
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Stryke wrote:
> I'd go so far as to say - for a small man, he's good in the air.

Haha, that's it - Owen is good in the air for a small man, Crouch has a good touch for a big man, we get Owen on Crouch's shoulders and we have the perfect striker! Except obviously we couldn't because Crouch's legs would give way and his arms would snap lifting him up there, so he'd need cyborg-style reinforcement. Are there any rules on players getting on each other's shoulders whilst the ball is in play? Or, indeed, using cyborg technology on your players?
Mon 14/11/05 at 10:42
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Crouch is only in the team for his height. He still doesn't use this to his advantage. He loses out to headers to men a third of his height - how can this be good?
Mon 14/11/05 at 10:10
Regular
Blank wrote:
> I think I'd choose Koller over Crouch, despite Koller being about
> fifty now.

--

Yup. Difference being, Koller is good.

Who was it that said Crouch was "terrifying" and that Mikey wouldn't have scored without him being on? Dringo, of course.

You failed to notice that Crouch coming on coincided with Ayala and Riquelme going off, I see. You also fail to see that Mikey Mikey Owen is a proven goalscorer who you can't take your eyes off for a minute, and all that pundittalk. I also imagine you failed to notice that Crouch was so desperate for a goal he clattered into the back of Mikey and almost ruined his header. It's lucky Mikey is a ridiculously good header of the ball for his size.

I'd go so far as to say - for a small man, he's good in the air.

Crouch=awful. Had another awful game. Awful awful awful.

Edit: I'd like to underline the point that I've never jumped on the Crouch-hate bandwagon after a few games without scoring. I knew he was wrong from the start. Not that that took much insight, mind.

Edit2: I've only seen Kuyt in that Holland/England friendly last year, but isn't he supposed to have Kezman-esque scoring records in the Erdivisie?
Mon 14/11/05 at 02:07
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
down wrote:
> He might cause problems, but wouldn't you admit Kuyt would cause more?
> He's shorter, sure, but he's better in the air, and a better striker
> all round.

I haven't seen much of Kuyt, only a few nifty goals on Eurogoals and the like. Seems pretty good, but I've never seen him over a whole match, so I don't know what his shot:goal ratio is like or anything.

He wasn't really an option for Benitez though, Feyenoord want much much more than the £7 Liverpool paid for Crouch.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.