GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Forza Motorsport - GT beater?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Forza Motorsport'.
Tue 28/09/04 at 16:38
Regular
It's looking good, and with an early 2005 release I will almost certainly snap this one up. The screenshots look gorgeous, but will it beat the mighty GT?

Only time will tell...
Sat 02/10/04 at 13:28
"I love yo... lamp."
I frequently go faster in PGR 2 than in Burnout. But that's irrelevant. Burnout 3 just feels a bit too arcadey at times. It crashes to often (the game that is) and online is screwed up. It just doesn't seem to require as much skill as PGR2 does.
Sat 02/10/04 at 13:23
Regular
Notorious Biggles wrote:
> They have about 6 events per track on Burnout 3. That's a hell of a
> lot more repetitive than PGR2 is.

Maybe, but Burnout 3 is soooo much fun you don't care about the tracks.

PGR2 because you're racing properly you realise that you're racing on the same track again.

Burnout 3, you're travelling so fast you just don't give a shizer.
Sat 02/10/04 at 13:22
Regular
I don't have Live. I just don't play games enough to really care about online play.

Yes, I also love racing games. PGR2 is a little overated but is still a very good game.

What I also (I'm being picky now :) hate about PGR2 is the computer opponents. Christ they are evil on the higher modes. They don't care if they die, as long as they take you out. Jezz...

If I don't buy Burnout 3 in the next week I think i'll have to kill myself :S
Sat 02/10/04 at 13:20
"I love yo... lamp."
They have about 6 events per track on Burnout 3. That's a hell of a lot more repetitive than PGR2 is.
Sat 02/10/04 at 13:19
Regular
Yeah.

I find it quite annoying when nearly all the tracks are pretty much the same as the one's you've just played in the previous class.

Although, I've just started the "track specials" class, and it's pretty cool to get away from the city based theme!

It's still one of my favourite games on the Xbox, I just love racing games in general really.

I haven't even got LIVE (which I will be getting soon, if I can find the cash),yet I still manage to enjoy it.
Sat 02/10/04 at 13:16
Regular
Yes, I agree.

And the tracks. I've never seen such repetiveness in all my life.

They should do one track per city, not about 10 for one city.

And vary the cities aswell. So one minute your admiring the Sydney Opera House and the next your racing through the sunny streets of Spain.
Sat 02/10/04 at 13:13
Regular
Thats the major downside of PGR2.

The damage model is rubbish, I mean, since when do headlights "crumple", I'd of thought they'd be smashed and cracked..
Sat 02/10/04 at 13:07
Regular
The handling, although realistic, is too strict.

Games like Burnout 3 feel very smooth, but in PGR2 you have to slide around every corner, and the crashes are pathetic.

In an Enzo, I went over 200mph into a barrier and just suffered a broken bonet.

'Tis still a good game, but Burnout 3 kicks it's bum cheeks.
Sat 02/10/04 at 13:04
Regular
Damarus wrote:
> PGR2 is slow and tedius. The tracks are extremely similar and it
> doesn't even feel like you're driving a car.

The car's handle really well, whats the problem?

I must admit though, the tracks can get pretty "samey", but it's an excellent game.
Sat 02/10/04 at 13:01
Regular
For once I agree with Alastair.

PGR2 is slow and tedius. The tracks are extremely similar and it doesn't even feel like you're driving a car.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.