GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Interesting discussion about Trolls"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 09/11/05 at 09:07
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Once paragraph catching my eye: -

"I have the sneaking suspicion that if I asked one and actually got them to take the question seriously, I might get an answer like "I say the things I say because you all need to lighten up." Or "I'm just telling it like it is and you all are persecuting me."

The question then being, why do trolls repeatedly (and many have a history of the same modus operandi across successive message boards) feel the need to position themselves as 'lighteners-up' or 'straight-talkers' in the face of considerable opposition? What is it about these roles that appeals, particularly, to trolls? I suspect it relates, again, to early experiences of relating to one's peers and, as you suggest, putting an ego-protective gloss on what might otherwise be regarded as social failure. More positive to tell oneself 'people are too po-faced/pretentious to handle my edgy humour/no-bulls**t approach' than 'people avoid me because I'm irritating'."

[URL]http://www.barbelith.com/topic/22769[/URL]
Fri 11/11/05 at 19:19
Regular
"8==="
You just did! ;)
Fri 11/11/05 at 19:18
Regular
"youngest regular"
I have'nt!
(Or have I?)
Fri 11/11/05 at 13:00
Regular
"8==="
Like I said, everyone on this board's 'trolled' at some-point.

At-least by the definitions in this thread anyway.
Fri 11/11/05 at 12:59
Regular
um, reading through this, and what i understand to be "trolling" TECHNICALLY everyone here is "trolling" against Hedfix? SO you are fighting fire with fire, if you want someone to stop "trolling" then dont do it back! hipercrites(sp?) :P
Fri 11/11/05 at 12:34
Regular
"8==="
Monkey_Man, you lied to me! :D
Fri 11/11/05 at 08:53
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
5 minutes - now that's stamina!
Fri 11/11/05 at 05:52
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
Ms Thraves wrote:
> I guess I have you to thank for "making" me? *two smacks*

Nah, I think you have a 5 minute knee-trembler down a side-alley to thank for that.

;)
Thu 10/11/05 at 21:45
Regular
"8==="
Now THAT'S trolling Smeddy.

I was agreeing with another post and giving my reasons for doing so.
Thu 10/11/05 at 21:31
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Oh god Hedfix is ranting in here now.

Snake10 - a troll is a big ugly hairy creature that lives under a bridge or a person who delierately winds up a person on a chat forum.

Hedfix is both.
Thu 10/11/05 at 21:08
Regular
"youngest regular"
I was just wondering....wtf is a troll?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.