GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Metal Thread"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 03/11/05 at 05:28
Regular
"8==="
Can't find the old one.

Metal/Heavy Metal/Industrial/Darkwave/Whatever other crappy genre the media has lazily labelled a group of bands with.

Punk/Heavier Pop can be included too if you feel like mentioning some stuff that's not quite 'metal'.

So, any new stuff out there that's worth a listen?
Wed 09/11/05 at 21:26
Regular
Domaye wrote:
> metal doesnt have to be heavy metal :D
>

Lol it's just being quite un-clued about the genre, I get the mental sound of big crashing guitars and stressed, emotional singing/shouting/screaming.
Wed 09/11/05 at 21:24
Regular
Theres a band that were in NME a while ago who have a drummer who beats the drum with his *wolf-whistle*. He wraps it in a sock and just flings it at the drums.
Wed 09/11/05 at 21:23
Regular
"-_-"
metal doesnt have to be heavy metal :D

The new slipknot album is muuuuuch calmer than the ld ones, although i still prefer the song the singer released with stone sour. (Y)
Wed 09/11/05 at 21:21
Regular
"Catch it!"
But Slipknot are a bit crazy the drummer bangs his head on his drums :S
Wed 09/11/05 at 21:19
Regular
Chilled-out heavy metal?
Wed 09/11/05 at 19:57
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
Bob_The_Moose wrote:
> I got Black Star, Nazi.
> You are so wrong.

Evil Eye is excellent, some bloody amazing playing as well, I'll give you that... I guess I prefer Black Star as it's got a great chilled-out feel to it.
Wed 09/11/05 at 18:57
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
I got Black Star, Nazi.
You are so wrong.
Wed 09/11/05 at 17:48
Regular
Chr1s wrote:
> And they can put on ten times the live show that any indie/alternative
> rock/pop/rap artist can do.

I guess SOMEONE never went to see S Club 7 in their prime :D
Wed 09/11/05 at 16:53
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
Even with some of the most ridiculous stage outfits ever concieved. I'm no fan of the extra percussion, samples and so on, but admittedly Volume 3 has its moments, like Before I Forget or the solo in Pulse of the Maggots. Still, a bit heavy and generally over-the-top for my liking.

And why the hell would you call your fourth album Volume 3, anyway? So what if only three original members still remain, it's the same band with pretty much the same principles!
Wed 09/11/05 at 11:28
Regular
"The definitive tag"
And they can put on ten times the live show that any indie/alternative rock/pop/rap artist can do.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.