GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Metal Thread"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 03/11/05 at 05:28
Regular
"8==="
Can't find the old one.

Metal/Heavy Metal/Industrial/Darkwave/Whatever other crappy genre the media has lazily labelled a group of bands with.

Punk/Heavier Pop can be included too if you feel like mentioning some stuff that's not quite 'metal'.

So, any new stuff out there that's worth a listen?
Sat 12/11/05 at 14:40
Regular
"8==="
A lot of the time you only hear their heavier more relentless stuff (constant thumping with guitars springs to mind) but there is some good stuff there somewhere.
Sat 12/11/05 at 10:51
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
crossblob, have you really heard Slayer?
I mean, really?
Or are you just pretending?
Sat 12/11/05 at 10:19
Regular
Going into the metal thread and then complaining that Slayer are too crazy? Hmm...

CrossBob, have you ever thought that maybe you don't need to post in EVERY SINGLE TOPIC.
Sat 12/11/05 at 00:12
Regular
"Catch it!"
Why am I a Pansy?
Fri 11/11/05 at 23:30
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
Pansy.
Fri 11/11/05 at 23:20
Regular
"Catch it!"
Slayer are a bit to crazy I think. But its cool if you like them.
Fri 11/11/05 at 22:38
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
Del Rogeo wrote:
> Mastodon are good, yeah.
>
> But I think we can all agree that the best metal band ever is surely
> Slayer.

Slayer are consistly quite good. No more, no less. In my opinion. They gain points because you know they're not going to release an abysmal album, but they lose points because they'll never do anything very groundbreaking.
On the other hand, they gain more points by having inspired a lot of death metal bands. And they gain more because Kerry King looks as metal as f**k. Even if he does have a girls name.
Fri 11/11/05 at 19:33
Regular
"This one goes to 11"
Mastodon: Great
Dragonforce: Better. Well, more melodic anyway.

As for the penis-sock-wearing drummer, Ive heard of them too, they were at the Thurrock Music Festival this year. Im guessing this since my mate went and his screen name after that was "Japanese 'heavy-metal' with a naked drummer, brilliant!! :D"
Fri 11/11/05 at 18:55
Regular
"Far Beyond Metal"
I'd have to second that too.. Metallica = Number 1. They're awesome.
Fri 11/11/05 at 18:23
Regular
"The definitive tag"
Best? Honestly, I don't think so. Metallica get the number one spot for me. Followed by Slayer and Pantera, but it's hard to make a decision between the two.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.