GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Does anyone know anything about joining the army?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 22/10/05 at 20:31
Regular
Thinking of doing it when I turn 16 and I was just wondering if anyone knows about the various options you can take? I'm sending off for the DVD and such but I was just wondering if anyone here has been or has a family member that's joined hte army.

Cheers.
Sat 22/10/05 at 21:31
Regular
"0228"
OddToe wrote:
> That actually sounds pretty cool.
>
> ..Do you get beaten up by the other kids for being in it?

No, over half the school is part of it. Some of us are in the RAF section, the rest are in the army section. There isn't much difference other than the uniforms and the fact that the RAF people get to go off and learn how to fly (crappy little) planes and gliders.
Sat 22/10/05 at 21:32
Regular
I joined our school's CCF about a year ago.

In the end I quit because it was basically a joke; it was run by lazy sixth formers, meaning we never did anything. The most we ever did was 'camps', but you couldn't go on one unless you'd been to all of them.

The initial P.T sessions were fun, as were meeting the girls there, but overall it just sucked, in a large way. We were supposed to pay some £25 a year subscription fee and hand our uniform back in...

...I did neither, and I may try and sell the uniform on eBay as the final insult.
Sat 22/10/05 at 21:32
Regular
I just wanna play the big game of hide and seek.

Planes and gliders?
Sat 22/10/05 at 21:35
Regular
"0228"
Here be the plane. [URL]http://www.tutordisplay.org.uk/Images/tutor188.jpg[/URL]

It's a two seater Tutor. They're pretty cool actually, they let you do 360 degree loops and that sort of thing and it's amazingly simple to do. Problem is you end up spending a whole day at the centre and only have about half an hour in the air.
Sat 22/10/05 at 21:40
Regular
Still, planes be good.
Sat 22/10/05 at 21:45
Regular
My sister was in the RAF and she got an award.
Sat 22/10/05 at 21:45
Regular
"0228"
Anybody fancy a free proficiency badge [URL]http://img414.imageshack.us/my.php?image=badge6dz.jpg[/URL] ?

Wear it and people will think you're proficient.
Sat 22/10/05 at 21:50
Regular
Yeah, why not.

Email me at [email protected] and we'll work something out.
Sat 22/10/05 at 21:54
Regular
"0228"
You can't really have it. Tis mine. I'll send you some blu-tac in compensation though.
Sat 22/10/05 at 21:55
Regular
Are you being serious? If so I wouldn't reject the offer.

And I am being serious.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.