GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Whats Happening at SR"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 17/10/05 at 21:26
Regular
"Witch"
I've heard through the grapevine that SR will be closing some of their shops. Anyone else heard this? I was going to their Norwich shop at the weekend while staying friends.
Thu 20/10/05 at 11:11
Regular
"8==="
Tomm wrote:
> I think the 'Shops' page says it all...

[URL]http://specialreserve.co.uk/shops/shopsindex.php[/URL]

Holy ****!
Thu 20/10/05 at 09:58
Regular
"the burning sky"
I think the 'Shops' page says it all...
Thu 20/10/05 at 09:41
Regular
"Balls"
I haven't ordered anything from SR since 01/03/2005 which for some reason was my membership renewal... money well spent there.

The last I paid for an item which i wanted was 17/12/2004 which was a cheap nasty mouse which broke about the time i renewed my membership.

I would buy here... if it was cheaper and had no postage charge, well last time I went to buy something it had one so I went elsewhere even though it ended up only abut £1 cheaper. If you offer free postage it just seem more welcoming, rather than “oh that’s good 27.99... Wait a minute there trying to con me!! £2 postage!! This isn’t Ebay owned now is it!!” Also when I pay that extra £1 for first class I expected first class not second class!

Well that was the last time I ordered something all that happened... kinda puts you off if the service is no good.
Thu 20/10/05 at 01:49
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
A competitor has infiltrated SR, made a special Tonty suit, cancelled all orders for top upcoming games and replaced them with orders for various versions of Army Men and Barbie games.
Thu 20/10/05 at 00:36
"High polygon count"
Indeed, I did mention things seemed in a bad way when I first came back here a couple of months ago, after nearly a year away.

SR used to be very cheap compared to elsewhere, but over recent years have been under-cut by many other online retailers.

Customer service seems to be suffering as well. I've had a question about SDRAM in the Customer Service forum that I posted 7 days ago and is still unanswered - 18 months ago that would never have happened. That's the first order anyone in my family has placed here in around a year.

As for game stock... I just searched for Pursuit Force for the PSP - as far as I know, it's out next week, and they don't have it listed.

What has gone wrong?
Thu 20/10/05 at 00:28
Regular
"Touched!"
You could tell months ago SR were going down the pan. When do they ever stock games? Most of them are "due soon". And when they do send them they are either second hand (I rekon some SR staffies just run into game, buy some games and pack second hand copies up for a profit) or end up with someones half eaten breakfast in there. I gave up on SR a few years back mainly due to their lack of stock and pricing.
Thu 20/10/05 at 00:26
Regular
"*sigh*"
Shocked more than anything as there was no notice.

I am not disgruntled in any way as i understand that what was done was done as a last resort, and all of the staff at nottingham had seen this coming since they started closing shops a few months back. We just weren't expecting it to happen at a time when things we're starting to pick up and lots of progess was being made. We had taken in much more money in the last two weeks than we had in the previous month, and perhaps if they'd have kept us open a bit longer things would have improved drastically.
Thu 20/10/05 at 00:08
"High polygon count"
Sorry, Nottingham was what I meant.

Are you disgruntled or, erm, gruntled?

i.e. should the remaining shops be sealing their letterboxes? ;-)
Thu 20/10/05 at 00:02
Regular
"*sigh*"
no, nottingham
Wed 19/10/05 at 19:54
"High polygon count"
I have a suspicion that Index Fossil is an ex-employee of the Norwich shop...

Probably totally wrong, but still.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.