GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Whats Happening at SR"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 17/10/05 at 21:26
Regular
"Witch"
I've heard through the grapevine that SR will be closing some of their shops. Anyone else heard this? I was going to their Norwich shop at the weekend while staying friends.
Sat 22/10/05 at 10:41
Regular
"8==="
pb wrote:
> Still no staff comment?

[URL]http://specialreserve.co.uk/n_3565-news.html[/URL]
Fri 21/10/05 at 13:51
"possibly impossible"
Still no staff comment?
Thu 20/10/05 at 14:03
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
http://specialreserve.co.uk/shop s /shop s index.php

Struggling to hold onto that URL too...

Oh mighty SR, how you have fallen. Sad really, me and my cousin have been members since we were about 12.
Thu 20/10/05 at 14:02
Regular
"Discount network"

I don't think SR really deserves that title anymore.
Thu 20/10/05 at 13:56
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
SEE SR, A WHOLE HOUSE WORTH OF PEOPLE WANTED TO BUY STUFF!!!

Seriously, what went wrong - any staff (employed ones, not the driftwood) around to comment? It's no secret that you've had problems in the stock buying department.
Thu 20/10/05 at 13:47
Regular
For a few months now I've been suspecting things are going down the pan.

I've phoned the Norwich branch up numerous times over the past months wanting things that have been advertised in their catalogue. Only once (two weeks ago) did they actually have the item I wanted in stock, it was getting to be a standard joke in my household that I would phone only to be told they don't have it. They have lost £100's of sales from me alone just by not having stuff in stock.

Even my wife comented on our last few visits that each time we go, there seems to be less and less stuff.
Thu 20/10/05 at 13:44
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
They need to give Snuggly a job, that'll bring their profits right back up. Even if he didn't work in the shop.
Thu 20/10/05 at 13:29
"possibly impossible"
It would be a shame to see SR go. I expect they're just feeling the pinch of the current retail downward trends though. It makes sense to lose your retail outlets if you're profits are taking a dive though, as the mail order side has far less overheads.

SR are a bit like Nintendo - they get by on word of mouth and reputation, but they're trying to compete against the big market players who advertise in National newspapers and even on TV. They need to sell themselves, and lower their prices.

I've been with SR since the first Gameboy was released, so I hope they can come out of what looks like a bad year and find a way to get back on top.
Thu 20/10/05 at 11:48
Regular
"8==="
Well their pre-owned prices are quite competitive, I bought Arx Fatalis off them brand new for 14 quid when every other place was charging way too much.

Mainly I use them at christmas.

There's also the bonus that they aren't fusy about taking postal orders from those of us without a credit card.
Thu 20/10/05 at 11:38
Regular
It's no suprise really.

When I'm buying games, I don't even consider looking on the Special Reserve site at their prices.

I'm sure a lot of people are the same.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.