GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"TV License Fee"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 16/10/05 at 13:08
Regular
"SOUP!"
I'm wanting to get a telly in my room at uni (cheaper than getting drunk with fools every night) but seeing as I'm only here until May/June then it seems silly to pay a full years license fee. Is it possible to pay by monthly installments so I can terminate the license in june and get it a little cheaper?

Thanks in advance.
Sun 16/10/05 at 16:57
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
Some things tie you in for a minimum 12-month contract, but they will have to tell you that before you sign-up.
Sun 16/10/05 at 16:55
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
I pay monthly by direct debit so I can't see why you can't do the same and then cancel it in June.
Sun 16/10/05 at 16:22
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I'm not getting one.

I heard there was a van coming around my place, so I put my TV in the cupboard. It makes me laugh thinking about it.
Sun 16/10/05 at 14:16
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
What we've done is paid for three months worth in one go rather then the whole year.

May be a good idea for you, Para, because then if you decide to go back to drinking with fools, then you've only got three months worth.

Or you could just buy a whole year and then change the address on the license when you move.
Sun 16/10/05 at 13:53
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
The majority of questions you ask here can be answered easily by visiting the relevant website, but since there's so little of actual interest, I'll let you carry on.

So yeah, claim the three months back that you don't use.
Sun 16/10/05 at 13:37
Regular
"the burning sky"
mikelar wrote:
> It's not difficult at all, I did it. You just have to phone them up.

Hence why I said apparantly, ergo ad infinitum...
Sun 16/10/05 at 13:26
Regular
"Selected"
It's not difficult at all, I did it. You just have to phone them up.
Sun 16/10/05 at 13:12
Regular
"the burning sky"
You can pay the full amount, then get money back for the times you dont use it, i.e. over summer. But apparantly the process is so difficult no-one bothers...
Sun 16/10/05 at 13:08
Regular
"SOUP!"
I'm wanting to get a telly in my room at uni (cheaper than getting drunk with fools every night) but seeing as I'm only here until May/June then it seems silly to pay a full years license fee. Is it possible to pay by monthly installments so I can terminate the license in june and get it a little cheaper?

Thanks in advance.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.