GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"A guitar, perhaps?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 07/10/05 at 19:55
Regular
"For One Night Only"
The nineteenth birthday is steadily approaching...

*shudders at the thought of aging*

...and I haven't got a clue what I want. However, I've expressed some interest lately in wanting to maybe take up an instrument, perhaps guitar. I'm assuming you're never too old to learn to play, but I get images of me quitting through frustration at being potentially awful at it. I suppose I'm just wondering whether it's worth me requesting one for my birthday, or am I thinking too rashly because I haven't thought of anything for anybody to get me, with it being just ten days away?
Mon 10/10/05 at 01:13
Regular
"bot"
Dr Duck The Stampede wrote:
> Keyboards are a useful and versatile insturment, though take years to
> master.
>
> But guitars are cool and easy.

hahahaha
'easy'

hahahahahaha
Sun 09/10/05 at 20:22
Regular
"For One Night Only"
Thanks for all the advice, guys.

Went to a gig last night, infact, and it only persuades me more to want one.
Sat 08/10/05 at 13:39
Regular
"You've upset me"
Ooo, I've been thinking up learning to play the mandolin. What's it like?
Sat 08/10/05 at 13:38
Regular
"youngest regular"
I play piano,so trust me,
you'll think that your useless at the start,
you'll practice a bit,
and then you'll like it.
Sat 08/10/05 at 13:30
Regular
"I am Bumf Ucked"
Get a nice cheap (£80ish) acoustic. It can be hard work, but the more you playing the more you'll enjoy it.

I bought a mandolin today.
Sat 08/10/05 at 11:29
Regular
"You've upset me"
Yeah, was going to say, nothing wrong with picking up the geetar late but I'm not sure I'd get one as a birthday present before you even start playing. I got mine as a birthday prezzie but that was 2 and a half months after I started playing (nearly 2 years ago now) and after I knew that I was going to carry on playing. So... yeah... maybe not. Take it up first then see how you go. You can get moderate sounding geetars for about 80 quid if you look in the right places so maybe that's where to start. Good luck.
Sat 08/10/05 at 11:25
Regular
"The definitive tag"
Guitars are the best instrument to learn by a long way.

You can learn some basic riffs that sound more complicated than they actually are relatively quickly. It doesn't take forever to be able to play it to a decent standard either.

Like most things though, the amount of work you put in will decide how good you are at it. And as is always said when people want to start learning, buy a cheapish one so you won't have wasted a lot of money if you quit.
Sat 08/10/05 at 09:54
"slightlyshortertagl"
Didn't the bandwagon go past... about 2 years ago?
Fri 07/10/05 at 22:53
Regular
"topgamer above all"
Guitars are mostly used for rock,folk songs,etc.but it doesn't matter how you use them(as long as you don't break them).i go freestyle a lot and sometimes get carried away(my little brother has to go to school and my room is right next to his,and i love to amp it up just to annoy him)
Fri 07/10/05 at 22:46
Regular
Keyboards are a useful and versatile insturment, though take years to master.

But guitars are cool and easy.

Tough choice.

That was probably around the age that I became less interested in presents and crap too. It's probably good that you don't care.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.