GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"A guitar, perhaps?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 07/10/05 at 19:55
Regular
"For One Night Only"
The nineteenth birthday is steadily approaching...

*shudders at the thought of aging*

...and I haven't got a clue what I want. However, I've expressed some interest lately in wanting to maybe take up an instrument, perhaps guitar. I'm assuming you're never too old to learn to play, but I get images of me quitting through frustration at being potentially awful at it. I suppose I'm just wondering whether it's worth me requesting one for my birthday, or am I thinking too rashly because I haven't thought of anything for anybody to get me, with it being just ten days away?
Mon 10/10/05 at 23:07
Padraic wrote:
> Keyboard's easy, and sounds abysmal.

aaaahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahaha

ahahahahahahah
Mon 10/10/05 at 22:22
Regular
Buy a grand piano (You can get one second hand fopr a few thousand these days).

Whilst I love the guitar, anyone who can play a piano properly is teh leet (It's just a long time before people get good, usually).

I mean, guitar players are great, but watch a proper pianist play and it's so much more amazing than even the greatest of guitar solos.

I'd rather be the greatest pianist in the world than the greatest guitarist.

Alhtough I'd prefer to be both, obviously.
Mon 10/10/05 at 22:14
Regular
*gasps* I don't think so. What is he, like 27 or something ancient like that?
Mon 10/10/05 at 22:09
Regular
"END OF AN ERA"
Celestine wrote:
> As far as the age factor, I wouldn't worry until you're maybe Light's
> age and still posting in here. Hehehe. Ohh lordehh..

I thought you were older
Mon 10/10/05 at 21:59
Regular
Men who can play the guitar are just generally much sexier than those who are without the skill. They can pick up the guitar in the midst of a social gathering and *walllaaah!!* they're an instant hottie. If you can sing, your level of hottie-ness increases phenomenally. Trust me, all the birds will swoon. :)

As far as the age factor, I wouldn't worry until you're maybe Light's age and still posting in here. Hehehe. Ohh lordehh..
Mon 10/10/05 at 21:53
Regular
"For One Night Only"
Padraic wrote:
> Keyboard's easy, and sounds abysmal.
> The best use of a keyboard is 'DJ DJ DJ Dictionary'.

Ahahah - that brought back fun memories from GCSE music, constantly pressing those buttons.
Mon 10/10/05 at 21:50
Regular
"END OF AN ERA"
Dr Duck The Stampede wrote:
> Aww, does someone play guitar and feel a little insecure?
>
> Obviously there's scope for a hell of a lot of skill, the more you
> practice, as with most skills. But to get to a reasonable standard
> where you can play most things, relative to piano/keyboard, it's
> easy.

Keyboard's easy, and sounds abysmal.
The best use of a keyboard is 'DJ DJ DJ Dictionary'.

Methinks someone's not really listened to a whole lot of impressive guitar. Try Joe Satriani, Pink Floyd, Dream Theater, maybe Mars Volta. THEN say guitar is easy to play well.

> There's really no need to feel inferior about it.

No, he just finds it laughable that you think pressing a bunch of keys at different times is more difficult than playing guitar. Which it is. Very!
Mon 10/10/05 at 20:59
Regular
"I am Bumf Ucked"
Mandolin came today Rasta. Might need to get an electric tuner, can't seem to get it right. And you need a pick to play mandolin, and I havn't got any of those (prefer not to for guitar).
Mon 10/10/05 at 19:06
Regular
"The definitive tag"
Like every other musical instrument, they're only easy if you're well experienced.
Mon 10/10/05 at 17:06
Regular
Aww, does someone play guitar and feel a little insecure?

Obviously there's scope for a hell of a lot of skill, the more you practice, as with most skills. But to get to a reasonable standard where you can play most things, relative to piano/keyboard, it's easy.

There's really no need to feel inferior about it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.