GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"A guitar, perhaps?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 07/10/05 at 19:55
Regular
"For One Night Only"
The nineteenth birthday is steadily approaching...

*shudders at the thought of aging*

...and I haven't got a clue what I want. However, I've expressed some interest lately in wanting to maybe take up an instrument, perhaps guitar. I'm assuming you're never too old to learn to play, but I get images of me quitting through frustration at being potentially awful at it. I suppose I'm just wondering whether it's worth me requesting one for my birthday, or am I thinking too rashly because I haven't thought of anything for anybody to get me, with it being just ten days away?
Wed 12/10/05 at 16:56
Regular
Memorandum! wrote:
> A well thought out reply.

Yeah, there's a subjective element to the comparison. However, I don't think you can dismiss any comparison simply because there's an element of the subjective involved. Otherwise you'd be doing the same with virtually any comparison, 'no, Chelsea aren't better than Torquay Utd, if ou compare Chelsea playing AC Milan and Torquay playing West Bigfield Under-13s, Torquay are way better'.
There has to be some rom for common sense and accepted standards of comparison.

I don't think you need a watertight stand-up-in-court definition of reasonable either. You can have some kind of idea of comparative skill levels despite an element of subjectivity or vagueness - for example playing a few 'proper' songs on both instruments shows the skill level necessary to get to a level where you can do useful things with the instrument.

I'm certainly not trying to put down other peoples' instruments either, I just called it like I saw it.

I've played a bit of each in my time (and play neither at the moment), and don't have any emotional attachment to either. In fact, if I was going to pick one up again, it'd probably be the guitar, precisely because I could get up to scratch with less hassle.

Aaaannnyyyway, for all that, I'm more than happy to accept that we have different opinions and leave this whole thing, I hate drawn out net arguments. I didn't intend to start a debate, it just felt like a safe and fair comment that could help the guy choose an instrument.
So lets stop tha fighting and get back to tha loving baby.
*Licks Merm's face*
Wed 12/10/05 at 15:17
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Strafio wrote:
> What's freeform Jazz?
> A style where there's no kind of coherency between the musicians
> playing together?

"improvise freely, without a set chord progression, structure, or melody"

Yup.
Wed 12/10/05 at 15:14
Regular
What's freeform Jazz?
A style where there's no kind of coherency between the musicians playing together?
Wed 12/10/05 at 15:12
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
monkey_man wrote:

> EDIT: Not dissing jazz, I love it, just saying is all.

Freeform jazz does, however, lick dead dogs balls.
Wed 12/10/05 at 14:58
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Meanwhile, back on topic...

Guitars are cool. So are scars. Get one of each, and the World is yours. If you can't play very well, just call it jazz.

EDIT: Not dissing jazz, I love it, just saying is all.
Wed 12/10/05 at 14:48
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
And god forbid Azul would ever confuse actual wit with his nonthinking brand of sarcasm.

Cheers!
Wed 12/10/05 at 14:31
Haha

God forbid should there be a thread in Life without some sort of petty little scuffle between the ever loving Light and Celeste.
Wed 12/10/05 at 14:30
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Hedfix wrote:
> Celestine wrote:
>
> I'm not trying to provoke you. You feeling a bit provoked Light?
> Aww.. Temper temper.
>
> Celestine wrote:
>
> As far as the age factor, I wouldn't worry until you're maybe
> Light's
> age and still posting in here. Hehehe. Ohh lordehh..
>
> ...

Nothing but the hypocrisy I've came to expect from 'ol Celest.
Wed 12/10/05 at 14:29
Regular
"8==="
Celestine wrote:
>
> I'm not trying to provoke you. You feeling a bit provoked Light?
> Aww.. Temper temper.

Celestine wrote:
>
> As far as the age factor, I wouldn't worry until you're maybe Light's
> age and still posting in here. Hehehe. Ohh lordehh..

Wed 12/10/05 at 14:11
Regular
Light wrote:
> nasty man stuff

I'm not trying to provoke you. You feeling a bit provoked Light? Aww.. Temper temper.

A guitar, perhaps? Hehe.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.