GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"First impressions of Fable..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Fable'.
Fri 08/10/04 at 16:30
Regular
Nice graphics, nice setting, easy combat, lots of farmer accents.

So far I like, it all feels very Terry Pratchet/Harry potter. Mainly because of the accents, still cool game so far.

I got my guy an oriental moustache and everyone keeps calling him ugly. I swear the next person to laugh at him is gonna get my katana sword up their jacksey. Everyone keeps calling me Chicken Chaser for some reason, probably because I keep punting them around everywhere.

I've tried to hold back on killing people for no real reason so far, god knows I came close to killing one guy though as he just wouldn't shut up about fishing. Instead I farted at him and stole his bed for the night, tried flirting with him also but he just laughed at me.

The world's a lot bigger than I expected, haven't actually come across any villages yet as I've been mainly kicking bandits asses in the woods.

Still, I like so far.
Page:
Thu 23/12/04 at 09:47
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
I've got a GAD to claim and I would like either Fable or Morrowind. I take it Morrowind would be the better choice?
Tue 21/12/04 at 14:35
Regular
"Aimar...meh"
The thing is you wont waste immense hours on Morrowind, iv'e done about 20 hours and just enjoying exploring the world, people say it takes yonks be strong enough to kill a rat but I managed to obliterate one on my first encounter. It really doesn't live up to Morrowind still a great game though.
Tue 21/12/04 at 14:32
Regular
lol
Tue 21/12/04 at 14:28
Regular
From what I have played of Fable it is a hell of a lot more enjoyable than Zelda which I had to fight to stay awake for. It may not be a master-piece but it's fun to play.

Haven't bothered with Morrowind, don't think I could honestly face wasting hundreds of hours with absolutely nothing to show for it.

Skies of Arcadia/Xenosaga are as far as I am prepared to go with RPG's. The thoughts of clocking weeks on end don't appeal greatly.
Tue 21/12/04 at 14:21
Regular
Morrowind pwns absoloutly nothing...well maybe it pwns getting punched in the face by Mike Tyson, but that's about it.
Tue 21/12/04 at 14:04
Regular
I hadn't touched this for a while, did another hour or so last night and really got back into it now. Am on the Lady Grey mission at the moment.
Mon 20/12/04 at 00:16
Regular
"tokyo police club"
I thought the story needed a little more development, but another 5 hour would've been enough for the game.
Mon 20/12/04 at 00:11
Regular
"8==="
BG:DA does not pwn it however. As far as I'm concerned Fable's the future of the 'Hack and Slash' RPG.

a 30-40 hour sequel would be very welcome.
Mon 20/12/04 at 00:06
Regular
"tokyo police club"
I love it more than a fat kid loves cake.

I'm talking about you, Chipseh
Mon 20/12/04 at 00:01
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Read my review.

Zelda pwns it.

Morrowind pwns it.

It can't win either way.
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.