GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"First impressions of Fable..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Fable'.
Fri 08/10/04 at 16:30
Regular
Nice graphics, nice setting, easy combat, lots of farmer accents.

So far I like, it all feels very Terry Pratchet/Harry potter. Mainly because of the accents, still cool game so far.

I got my guy an oriental moustache and everyone keeps calling him ugly. I swear the next person to laugh at him is gonna get my katana sword up their jacksey. Everyone keeps calling me Chicken Chaser for some reason, probably because I keep punting them around everywhere.

I've tried to hold back on killing people for no real reason so far, god knows I came close to killing one guy though as he just wouldn't shut up about fishing. Instead I farted at him and stole his bed for the night, tried flirting with him also but he just laughed at me.

The world's a lot bigger than I expected, haven't actually come across any villages yet as I've been mainly kicking bandits asses in the woods.

Still, I like so far.
Page:
Mon 20/12/04 at 00:00
Regular
"8==="
Apparently eating 5/6 crunchy chicks infront of it opens it.

and Cyclone, it's not that bad think of it as an improvement on BG:DA and not as a Morrowind pretender.
Sun 19/12/04 at 23:48
Regular
"gsybe you!"
God, I detest this game.
Sun 19/12/04 at 14:50
Regular
"For One Night Only"
That's it!? You have to be evil...

It can wait 'til after I complete the game, then.
Sun 19/12/04 at 14:49
Regular
You have to be evil to open it.
Sun 19/12/04 at 14:44
Regular
"For One Night Only"
Just thought I'd give this old topic a dust and take it off the shelf for a bit of sunshine...

The Demon Door found in the bandit camp of Greatwood won't open unless you "perform an act of great evil in it's presence". Well, I've led people there and murdered 'em only to find he still won't open. Am I on the right track? How do you open him?
Tue 02/11/04 at 20:51
Regular
Completed it, cr@p ending all ill say :) for both killing her with the sword, or not :/
Sun 31/10/04 at 15:35
Regular
Busy 'collecting information' for Lady Gray now. The first dull quest (or whatever you want to call it) I've come across so far. Like a 3D join the dots.

***SPOILER ish***

Also, am I right in think that the demon door just outside the guild, with no demon, is what the clues you get are refering to? Actually, don't answer that. I'm sure it does something, though.
Sun 31/10/04 at 14:34
Regular
"For One Night Only"
Only just got round to doing the Hobbe Caves. Encountered my first earth Troll, aswell, which was mint. I need to make more room for this game. Damn coursework!
Sun 31/10/04 at 14:29
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
Cyclone wrote:
> Yes - my character is also already ancient, and he's been arounf for
> about 15 days. Stupid.
>
> There's a sword in Bowerstone North shop - Sulon or something, all
> jagged and augmented etc. Worth buying?

Solus Greatsword. I got it. In my opinion it is, but it depends on how easily you can come into money. I own several properties around Albion and therefore collect rent frequently and in large quantities. The health augmentation is well worth it, and the sword itself, although hevy is lethal.
Sun 31/10/04 at 14:27
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
I got the sword from the stone. It's good, but doesn't match the Sword of Aeons.
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.