GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"First impressions of Fable..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Fable'.
Fri 08/10/04 at 16:30
Regular
Nice graphics, nice setting, easy combat, lots of farmer accents.

So far I like, it all feels very Terry Pratchet/Harry potter. Mainly because of the accents, still cool game so far.

I got my guy an oriental moustache and everyone keeps calling him ugly. I swear the next person to laugh at him is gonna get my katana sword up their jacksey. Everyone keeps calling me Chicken Chaser for some reason, probably because I keep punting them around everywhere.

I've tried to hold back on killing people for no real reason so far, god knows I came close to killing one guy though as he just wouldn't shut up about fishing. Instead I farted at him and stole his bed for the night, tried flirting with him also but he just laughed at me.

The world's a lot bigger than I expected, haven't actually come across any villages yet as I've been mainly kicking bandits asses in the woods.

Still, I like so far.
Page:
Thu 23/12/04 at 17:50
Regular
"8==="
Fair enough.

However I seem to remember you having a fondness for BG:DA and if you look upon Fable as being the successor to that sort of RPG it really is a great little title.
Thu 23/12/04 at 17:49
Regular
"Aimar...meh"
But it really isn't.
Thu 23/12/04 at 14:52
Regular
"gsybe you!"
You must realise I'm not comparing Fable to these games - I just think it's rubbish.
Thu 23/12/04 at 14:21
Regular
"8==="
Fable = The new BG:DA. Fun but not exactly challenging.

Morrowind = A great game for those with patience to play it for a few hours to become a tougher character. If you don't have the skill or ingenuity to work out other ways to survive (Spells, thieving etc) then you should stick to the difficult task of breathing that takes up so muchof your concentration.

KOTOR = Too damn easy on normal, most of the combat options are wasted as your characters pwn anything with a bit of foresight and the odd concussion grenade. I'll go back through on hard at some point to see if it's better.

ALL GREAT GAMES
Thu 23/12/04 at 13:58
Regular
Snap. I'm enjoying playing it through also.
Thu 23/12/04 at 13:22
Regular
"For One Night Only"
I don't know why all the insultion...

Like the new word I just made up? I'm still playing Fable and loving it. I'm not rushing to do the missions 'cos I'm having too much fun slaying bandits and earning experience points. And I'll still be playing it in the new year.
Thu 23/12/04 at 13:02
Regular
"xbox-nation.o-wh.co"
Dolores I wrote:
> Your Honour wrote:
> I don't generally like RPG's, as I'm not some beardy geek who will
> quite happily spend 100 hours + on Final Fantasy or Morrowind (which
> you do have to do to be able to kill a rat).

Have you played Neverwinter Nights? Thats a class RPG.
Thu 23/12/04 at 12:59
Regular
"Aimar...meh"
Your Honour wrote:
> I don't generally like RPG's, as I'm not some beardy geek who will
> quite happily spend 100 hours + on Final Fantasy or Morrowind (which
> you do have to do to be able to kill a rat).

Or maybe 5 minutes?
Thu 23/12/04 at 12:50
Regular
I was under the impression that it was supposed to be for the casual gamer (gah - I hate that term, but couldn't think of anything better), which is why the combat was basic, as was the levelling up system too....
Thu 23/12/04 at 12:48
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Possibly - but Fable was never meant to be that was it?

Hype aside, it's lovely looking and has some great tocuhes, but really, it's a poor excuse for a 'Main Xbox Title' kinda game.
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.