GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"First impressions of Fable..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Fable'.
Fri 08/10/04 at 16:30
Regular
Nice graphics, nice setting, easy combat, lots of farmer accents.

So far I like, it all feels very Terry Pratchet/Harry potter. Mainly because of the accents, still cool game so far.

I got my guy an oriental moustache and everyone keeps calling him ugly. I swear the next person to laugh at him is gonna get my katana sword up their jacksey. Everyone keeps calling me Chicken Chaser for some reason, probably because I keep punting them around everywhere.

I've tried to hold back on killing people for no real reason so far, god knows I came close to killing one guy though as he just wouldn't shut up about fishing. Instead I farted at him and stole his bed for the night, tried flirting with him also but he just laughed at me.

The world's a lot bigger than I expected, haven't actually come across any villages yet as I've been mainly kicking bandits asses in the woods.

Still, I like so far.
Page:
Fri 08/10/04 at 16:30
Regular
Nice graphics, nice setting, easy combat, lots of farmer accents.

So far I like, it all feels very Terry Pratchet/Harry potter. Mainly because of the accents, still cool game so far.

I got my guy an oriental moustache and everyone keeps calling him ugly. I swear the next person to laugh at him is gonna get my katana sword up their jacksey. Everyone keeps calling me Chicken Chaser for some reason, probably because I keep punting them around everywhere.

I've tried to hold back on killing people for no real reason so far, god knows I came close to killing one guy though as he just wouldn't shut up about fishing. Instead I farted at him and stole his bed for the night, tried flirting with him also but he just laughed at me.

The world's a lot bigger than I expected, haven't actually come across any villages yet as I've been mainly kicking bandits asses in the woods.

Still, I like so far.
Fri 08/10/04 at 16:42
Regular
*wants*

Sounds cool!
Fri 08/10/04 at 16:49
Regular
"Selected"
SR sent my copy today.

I'm gonna really kill some people in this game. I'll kill them dead I will.
Fri 08/10/04 at 17:23
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I will get it at some point, but I got Pikmin 2 today instead, and Sumo-Pikmin have made my day complete.
Fri 08/10/04 at 18:21
Regular
""To the pub...""
Hey Tilta the reason they are calling you chicken chaser is because thats the "Title" you start off with to get a cooler title if you go to the Guild then walk out the front door to your immediate left should be a trader with a stall who sells titles my bloke gets called Liberator now :P

the game stats are cool you can see everything about you character whenever you want including how many time you've got laid and how far you've kicked a chicken.

i'm finding it a bit tough at the moment stuck in a bandit camp :S can't wait too buy better equipment and a house then get married lol.
Fri 08/10/04 at 18:32
Regular
In the stats, you should also find how far you've kicked the heads of people you've beheaded.

That was my mate's brother's idea (he was a tester) :-)
Fri 08/10/04 at 21:07
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
I wasn't going to bother with this, but since Acclaim went belly up I have no idea when Juiced will be released, if ever. I had it pre-ordered at GS but I cancelled it and got a credit note, so I have to use it against something. Since I've already pre-ordered San Andreas from here, Fable seems like the next best choice.

However I've read that the game can be finished within 12 hours, that really doesn't sound like an 'epic RPG' to me. Surely that must mean you grow up really fast which is a bit of a downer.
Fri 08/10/04 at 21:09
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Still.....kicking chickens around sounds pretty fun....
Fri 08/10/04 at 21:37
Regular
I'm not gonna come out and say it's my favourite single player Xbox game, I can hardly say that after 5-6 hours of gaming. But so far I'm loving this game, the combat's a bit simple but other than that it's brilliant.

I've been playing for 6 hours and have only done 3 of the main missions. So anyone who says it took them 11 hours to complete the game obviously just rushed through it and didn't take their time in the world.

I've hardly even scratched the surface of the game. Anyway, I must get back to Fable. In one town I've got about 10 wenches who practically hump my characters leg evey time I enter the room, just bought a house so I'm gonna wed one of those bints tonight and then take her into the woods and cut her head off in the morning.

One of the funniest things I've seen so far is there's couple who both love my character, if I flirt with the wife the husband tells me to "Leave my bird alone", but then if I flirt with him he gets all flustered. Their kids gonna be so messed up when she's older :D

I'm off to wed the bardmaid anyway, wonder if I'll get cheap beer...
Fri 08/10/04 at 21:48
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> bought a house so I'm gonna wed one of those bints tonight and then
> take her into the woods and cut her head off in the morning.

This game should be banned before there are mass murders in Gretna Green.
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.