GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Lost Season 2 episode 1&2 ***Spoilers***"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 29/09/05 at 20:00
Regular
"lets go back"
Wow!!!! The others look like a scary bunch. I did not see that coming. Well I tell a lie; it was obvious the others would be in the bushes chasing a tied up Jin, but I didnt expect them to look like that.

Episode one was a bit of a let down, concentrating to much on Jacks back story rather than what was down the whole and the people on the boat. It was only really there to set up the idea that Desmond was a scientist so that the events of episode 2 made sense. They should have just cut out the whole episode and had a disclaimer at the start of this one stating this fact.

Anyway, after initially thinking that Desmond was one of the "others", I thought it was cool the way you realise he's actually one of the French birds sick companions. Thats when the cogs statred to turn again. So if he isnt one of the "others" then where are they, and what do they want and are they civilized or not etc etc. Basically it felt like a proper episode of lost again, ending with me wanting to see more and find out some answers. I was so pleased this happened after the fairly average season opener.

There was also a "next week on Lost" bit to the episode I watched. It didnt really seem to give anything away but looked fairly exciting and fast paced and Michelle Rodriguez appeared to be in the clip. Which means at least one new character. But who is she and why is she there?

Guess we'll find out next week.
Fri 30/09/05 at 17:51
Regular
What I think you might be forgetting Geffdof, is that Desmond was defending either himself or the place. Who was he defending it from? The Others or his companions? Why doesnt he know what "him" looks like. He also knows what happened the day the plane came down.

One thing we have been forgetting is that, security monster zilla that's going around the island and killed the pillot. Are the sharks security too, an island of robot monsters patroling the island.

I wonder if next week we will see if these "Others" are the ones that took the baby, who would now be 16 years old right?

The French woman was asking the asian guy where [blaNK] was, can anyone remember his name? We only knew Ethan by his fake name I wonder what his real name was.
Fri 30/09/05 at 15:43
Regular
"lets go back"
It seems to me that The French woman or another scientist put desmond down the hatch because he was sick, thats why the door said quarentine on it. The "Him" that he refered to was it probably someone who was coming to get him out when he was cured. I dont undersatand why he needed to type in the numbers.

There has always been the idea that there are others on the island, but its never been fully clear what is meant by the word "others". There was Jacks dad which turned out to be his imagination. The old black woman (Rose I think) who claimed that her husband was alive and probably on another part of the island. This seemed more of a hopefull wish at first, but any idea of others initially seemed like other survivors of the crash.
Then the discovery of Danielle, proving that other people where there, who went on to claim that there where "others" but she hadnt seen them, only heard them. Initially you think she might be a bit loopy after being alone for so long.
Along comes Ethan who kidnaps Claire and we realise that there could be other people on the island who were there before the crash and who arent on the French womans science trip. Not only are they there, they are potentialy dangerous. Or is could be, as Soyer said, Ethan lied about his name and thats why he isnt on the manifest. You dont hear from them again really making you think that Ethan may have been alone, but you're never fully sure, that is until the last episode when they turn up in a boat confirming that there are a group of scary people just like what the French woman described.

Within the first couple of episodes in season two, we've gone full circle. The discovery of another insane scinentist in the hatch, more "others" of the dangerous sense and (well next week anyway) at least one survivor from the back end of the plane. The survivors from teh tail end is something ive been expecting for a while now after carefully listening to the radio message Boon picked up in the small plane. I wasnt sure if i heard it correctly at the time, but now it seems like i may have done seen as there are more survuvors.

The hatch is still puzzling me a bit. I can understand that he's being quarentined and been placed there by the other scinentists etc. but what is the need to type in the numbers? and where did the numbers come from?

Oh and you mentioned a robotic shark. I dont think it was robotic seen as it could bleed. The mark on its underside was more of a tattoo or a branding put onto cattle. Im just curious as to why.
Fri 30/09/05 at 15:39
Regular
Ranma wrote:
> The Others seem primative, but then what's with all the electronics
> from the 80ies

"16 years ago"

That's 1989 (88 when it first aired).
Fri 30/09/05 at 12:19
Regular
Geffdof wrote:
> Edit:- Ive just found realised that Michelle Rodriguez was in Seson
> 1. She was the girl that Jack talked to at the bar in the Airport.
> She told him she was sitting in the tail and of the plane.

Oh interesting, so that means more people from the plane have survived, I wonder if anyone else did. Maybe they had her all this time, or she was out on her own or with others too.

The Others seem primative, but then what's with all the electronics from the 80ies and robot sharks?
Fri 30/09/05 at 12:15
Regular
There was a logo on the Shark? It's all messed up, especially the chocolate bars in the womans panties now she's in the airvent.

So there's a guy who stays in the ground to avoid a disease, every so often he has to punch in those numbers into the computer. He's probably been doing it for quite awhile, I just realised by the post below that yes he must be one of the French womens companions. And she's been there 16 years. So did this "are you him" put him down there and get him to punch in those numbers.

Also what was the name of that guy who took the pregnant woman, was he one of the French womans companions or was he one of the Others.

Anyway I'm really looking forward to next weeks episode.
Fri 30/09/05 at 11:42
Regular
"lets go back"
Locke was obviously telling porkies when he said he was him, just to avoid getting shot. But for a few seconds there I was thinking "wow he really is supposed to be there". Ive just checked back and seen the logo on the bottom of the shark nad its deffineitely the same as the scientists logoon Desmonds shirt and on the wall when Locke firsts goes down the hatch. I dont know what sigificance this is yet, but im sure we'll find out soon.

Edit:- Ive just found realised that Michelle Rodriguez was in Seson 1. She was the girl that Jack talked to at the bar in the Airport. She told him she was sitting in the tail and of the plane.
Fri 30/09/05 at 10:57
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
Perhaps Locke said yes he was "him" because Desmond was pointing a machine gun at him, who knows? Anyway, who the hell is "him" anyway I wonder...

I only noticed the logo on the shark because I was stting fairly close to the TV (and I was the only one in the family who saw it). I saw it pretty clearly and said "did you see that logo or something on the shark?" they said, "wah??" and upon winding it back a tad and freezing it you can see it pretty clearly.
Fri 30/09/05 at 10:49
Regular
"lets go back"
Yeah, she could be from the other section of plane. Back in season one when Boon was on the radio in the small plane he sent out a distress call saying that he was from the Oceanic flight number 123(or whatever) and eagled eared listeners (I'm sure they have good ears too) would have heard the reply saying, "No!! we're from the oceanic flight 123", so I've been expecting them to meet someone eventualy.

I didnt notice the shark having a logo on it, I'll have to check that out. Maybe the scientists where investigating the sharks or something.

The bit where Desmond asks Lock if he is "Him" and Lock says yes, did you think "so he is a wierdo who knows whats going on and why the're there" and then 10 seconds later try to kid yourself that you never really thought he was odd and knew he was just messing around.
Fri 30/09/05 at 10:14
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
Geffdof wrote:
> There was also a "next week on Lost" bit to the episode I
> watched. It didnt really seem to give anything away but looked fairly
> exciting and fast paced and Michelle Rodriguez appeared to be in the
> clip. Which means at least one new character. But who is she and why
> is she there?

I'm assuming that maybe she's a survivor from another part of the plane (the tail section)?
Those guys at the end looked pretty menacing too, a bit like the ganados from Resi 4. Were they Others or merely other survivors???

Eagle-eyed viewers would have also noticed that when Sawyer was in the water the lurking shark had a logo on its underside (which I think was the same logo on Desmond's top).

The plot thickens...
Fri 30/09/05 at 01:25
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
I've never seen it, but the title of this thread intrigued me. I thought it was a drama about people being stuck on an island, I thought that they'd eventually get off it or something, I didn't realise there was the possibility of it being strung out for 15 million years like Friends was.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.