GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Lost Season 2 episode 1&2 ***Spoilers***"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 29/09/05 at 20:00
Regular
"lets go back"
Wow!!!! The others look like a scary bunch. I did not see that coming. Well I tell a lie; it was obvious the others would be in the bushes chasing a tied up Jin, but I didnt expect them to look like that.

Episode one was a bit of a let down, concentrating to much on Jacks back story rather than what was down the whole and the people on the boat. It was only really there to set up the idea that Desmond was a scientist so that the events of episode 2 made sense. They should have just cut out the whole episode and had a disclaimer at the start of this one stating this fact.

Anyway, after initially thinking that Desmond was one of the "others", I thought it was cool the way you realise he's actually one of the French birds sick companions. Thats when the cogs statred to turn again. So if he isnt one of the "others" then where are they, and what do they want and are they civilized or not etc etc. Basically it felt like a proper episode of lost again, ending with me wanting to see more and find out some answers. I was so pleased this happened after the fairly average season opener.

There was also a "next week on Lost" bit to the episode I watched. It didnt really seem to give anything away but looked fairly exciting and fast paced and Michelle Rodriguez appeared to be in the clip. Which means at least one new character. But who is she and why is she there?

Guess we'll find out next week.
Sun 02/10/05 at 01:42
Regular
"Catch it!"
Season 2?
Sat 01/10/05 at 23:50
Regular
Ranma wrote:
> Well M_M I'd hate to watch the first series once a week, watching all
> 25 episodes over several days I probably enjoyed it a lot more, but
> that doesnt mean there were bad episodes or times when I got bored. I
> think I'll enjoy season 2 more than 1.
-

Agreed.

The first few episodes left me asking so many questions, I couldnt wait and purchased the series on DVD. Now im glad I did, as if I had waited 25 weeks to be left with such a massive cliffhanger and a wait of months for the second series to air in the UK, I think id cry. Probably not, but yknow.

But now I cant wait to see the rest of series 2 :(
Sat 01/10/05 at 21:41
Regular
Well M_M I'd hate to watch the first series once a week, watching all 25 episodes over several days I probably enjoyed it a lot more, but that doesnt mean there were bad episodes or times when I got bored. I think I'll enjoy season 2 more than 1.

knuckles you mean the first 2 episodes right? The 3rd one isnt till next week. Unless you've seen the episode where they meet and get captured by the Others, which I only saw in the "next time on Lost" bit at the end of episode 2.

The show is on Wednesday night right? I think I got it during the day on Thursday.
Sat 01/10/05 at 19:52
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
I think my problem with Lost is that it's all unfolding too slow. It seems like it should be the length of a film, not dragged out over seasons.
Sat 01/10/05 at 19:44
Regular
u know in desmonds room there is a logo on the wall and on his jacket. did anyone notice that the same logo is tatooed beneath the shark that nearly got sawyer and michael?
Sat 01/10/05 at 19:41
Regular
hey-i have just seen the first 3 episodes of lost series 2 and now i have to wait the next episode. the next time on lost really annoyed me seeing a glimpse of the others and a glimpse of michelle rodriguez. has any one seen more than the first 3 episodes?
Fri 30/09/05 at 21:36
Regular
yes I agree with Reefer, I kinda wished I didnt see the "next time on Lost" bit, but oh well :)
Fri 30/09/05 at 21:25
Regular
Geffdof wrote:
> There was also a "next week on Lost" bit to the episode I
> watched. It didnt really seem to give anything away

I disagree. It gave away far too much.
Fri 30/09/05 at 21:13
Regular
But I thought Desmond was locked from the inside? Meaning he locked himself in there and might not have been put in there by anyone at all, merely just waiting for "him". Althought it said quarantine I dont think Desmond had the disease.

Locke saw the "Lostzilla" before, as you'll remember, we thought he would die like the pilot but somehow he got away.

I want to know where Desmond got all that food from. Even those chocolate bars didnt seem old and if they were I wouldnt want to eat them.
Fri 30/09/05 at 18:55
Regular
"lets go back"
I dont think he knows what "him" looks like because whoever locked him in probbly told him they would send someone to release him when he is cured and he would be identifiable using a security question. He asked Locke a question which he gave the wrong response to letting him know that Locke wasnt "him".
I'd guess he's defending himself from the others, althought he's probably never seen them, just knows they are there. Agan im just speculating and there is probably a more complex and interesting explaination.

That Godzilla thing, it was some kind of black smoke in the end that pulled Locke down a hole. Ive no idea how to explain that. Is that under Desmonds controll or the Others controll. It would make sense to say deesmonds using your robots explaination (which i dont agree with personally). The French woman seemed scared when she heard a noise and said that if they (herself and siyeed) were lucky it would just be a bear. I think she was scared of the invisible bush monster so I doub Des controlls it.

The French kid is called Alex, and should be over 16 now. She's been alone for 16 years, she never said how long before then they took the baby. In the episode when she first appeard she doesnt mention the sex of the baby, just calls it Alex. Unless its mentioned in a later episode, this means the kid could be a girl or boy.

All speculation but the're my thought.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.