GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Premiership over already?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 24/09/05 at 20:18
Regular
Personally I think it is. I honestly can't see Chelsea losing many points this season and the only way the likes of Arsenal and Man U are going to catch up is by straight wins even though they're more likely tio slip up than Chelsea.

It looks to me like Chelsea, with the help of an excellent manager I admit are going to win their second bought title.

Then again, this is just my opinion and it's possible that I'll be eating my words at the end of the season but I just can't see it.
Sun 25/09/05 at 02:01
To be honest, I only know two Chelsea season ticket holders, so I guess my opinion is kinda unimportant
Sun 25/09/05 at 09:16
Regular
"RIP: Brian Clough"
OK, so it might only be September and the Premiership title seems done and dusted, but it's no more predictable than when Manchester United kept winning the Prem in the '90s. Chelsea will slip up in some games this season. Fact. They were losing today (albeit for about a minute) against Aston Villa and as discussed, if injury curses Mourinho, his smallish squad could struggle.

But look beyond top spot for a second and there are some quite fascinating struggles going on. We've got a possible transitional period for Arsenal, this could be the make or break of the team in my opinion. If Arsenal keep up this mediocre form, could they really end up 5th or 6th and outside the Champions League and will world class players like Cole, Pires and Henry want to remain a club playing second class European football. Then you've got the flair of their neighbours Tottenham and a whole load of renewed optimism at White Hart Lane. Newcastle should prove an attacking and refreshing outfit with Owen and Shearer firing on all cylinders and then you've got West Ham and Wigan, both promoted teams pulling off some stunning results. Bolton and Manchester City have also impressed, while nobody knows where Liverpool are going to finish at this rate. With Everton languishing at the bottom of the table - the team which finished 4th last season and bought sensibly in the transfer market - who could have predicted such a sharp change? Which 3 teams are going down? I certainly wouldn't fancy a bet. Sunderland, Portsmouth and West Brom perhaps, but then you have to look at an established Premiership force like the Saints going down last season and wonder whether Everton might follow suit.

Chelsea to win the Premiership? Absolutely. Premiership table predictable? Just you try.
Sun 25/09/05 at 10:49
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
I think Chelsea will slip up at some point but it's a case of whether the other teams can capitalise or not. Chelsea were very lucky against Wigan and fell behind yesterday, ableit only for a minute so they're not totally untouchable but I think come the end of the season Chelsea will be champions once again.
Sun 25/09/05 at 14:38
Regular
"I like cheese"
Well, Liverpool are still unbeaten...

:P
Sun 25/09/05 at 14:51
Regular
Forest Fan wrote:
> but it's no more predictable than when Manchester United
> kept winning the Prem in the '90s.

The difference being, you could predict United winning the title but you could also see them not winning the title. I also remember the majority of the seasons were close.

At the minute you can't see Chelsea losing the title and it doesn't look as though it'll be very close either.
Sun 25/09/05 at 15:16
Regular
The end of season fights were classic with Man United...

It is true, Newcastle, Villa, Spurs and sometimes Middlesborough are good fun to watch.

Shame they'll never win the premiership with chelsea.

Transfer cap? No more than £30 million and a cap on wages as well??

Or Wenger's suggestion of goals getting you points, perhaps extra points at the end of the season.
Sun 25/09/05 at 15:24
Regular
Points based around goal difference would make it really entertaining!

Just looking back as last season, Chelsea would still have won it...

Although Everton would have finished 9th. Southampton would have stayed up at the expensence of west brom.

Never gonna happen though really.
Sun 25/09/05 at 15:31
Regular
It would encourage attacking play over defensive play. And Chelsea, Liverpool and other defensive teams would struggle.
Sun 25/09/05 at 15:33
my god, when will you learn...

Chelsea are the top scorers in the Premiership.

Ergo, they are not defensive.
Sun 25/09/05 at 15:54
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
Forest Fan wrote:
> if injury curses Mourinho, his smallish squad could struggle.

Seriously, are you kidding me or something?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.