GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Premiership over already?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 24/09/05 at 20:18
Regular
Personally I think it is. I honestly can't see Chelsea losing many points this season and the only way the likes of Arsenal and Man U are going to catch up is by straight wins even though they're more likely tio slip up than Chelsea.

It looks to me like Chelsea, with the help of an excellent manager I admit are going to win their second bought title.

Then again, this is just my opinion and it's possible that I'll be eating my words at the end of the season but I just can't see it.
Sat 24/09/05 at 20:18
Regular
Personally I think it is. I honestly can't see Chelsea losing many points this season and the only way the likes of Arsenal and Man U are going to catch up is by straight wins even though they're more likely tio slip up than Chelsea.

It looks to me like Chelsea, with the help of an excellent manager I admit are going to win their second bought title.

Then again, this is just my opinion and it's possible that I'll be eating my words at the end of the season but I just can't see it.
Sat 24/09/05 at 20:21
Regular
"Baros!!!"
Can't see anyone catching them now and can't see them slipping up to teams like Blackburn,, West Ham and other teams like that.
Sat 24/09/05 at 20:45
Regular
"Long time no see!"
It would take a true freak act of nature of some kind to break up Chelsea's league season. The kind of thing that hits ALL your new signings one week before the new season kicks-off in Championship manager. Or, the shock resignation of José Mourinho, LOL!

And then, there's Craig Bellamy. An eccentric player who can get your team goals, when he plays. When he plays... So far, he's only managed 2 sub appearences for me this season, we're already in January. A 2 month lay off at the start, an injury in training here, another one the day after he's recovered...! And now he's in a strop 'cause I'm trying to flog him off to Real and Barca for £1m! :@

Anyway...

For defensive reasons, after the loss of Vieira, Arsenal still have an awful lot of work to do and really need to pick themselves up. They're still very strong going forwards, even without Henry, but I just don't rate Sol Campbell anymore and neither Senderos or Cygan can provide adequate cover for him to partner Kolo Touré. Middlesbrough have already exposed them at the back once this season!

Man United are playing like many other teams in the Premiership this season, very negatively. I hate it. When you have players like van Nistelrooy and Rooney who can score goals; Ronaldo, Giggs, Richardson, Eagles, Park Ji-Sung, Saha, Solskjaer, etc...
Why do you then leave the bare minimum upfront and allow easy access through an open midfield?

When you barely have a back four capable of holding off some of the weaker teams in the league (Neville, Silvestre and Brown out), where's the sense in sitting back on something you barely have? - no disrespect to van der Saar what so ever.

It's a similar thing at Liverpool, some of the best striking talent in Europe. Yet, he leaves one upfront on his own, gives him little support, sticks your 20-goal-a-season man on the right-wing...?

Just what is it with managers this season?
Surely, you play to your strengths when you have a limited squad, right?

There are times to sit back and defend, certainly, that goes without saying. Perhaps when your playing Chelsea, Arsenal, or a United/Liverpool of the past. But it should not be in EVERY game.

I understand Mourinho plays the 4-5-1 kind of shape, but he's also had the wealth and a reputation to get the EXACT players he needs to fit his mould. He could have any team he wants, so he picks one that can do it all.
Sat 24/09/05 at 20:50
Regular
"The Red Shift"
Premiership over?

Yes.

Arsenal 2nd and Man U 3rd, just like I said and so many people doubted?

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!
Sat 24/09/05 at 20:53
Regular
"The Red Shift"
> They're still very strong going forwards, even without Henry, but I
> just don't rate Sol Campbell anymore

I'm sorry, but are you f***ing off it?

You haven't seen him play at all since the injury during his amazing form. And in the one game you may have seen, where he returned. He scored 2 goals from centre back (!) and conceded none!

Crap he is. Crap.

Sat 24/09/05 at 21:06
Regular
Campbell has so far been a rock for Arsenal tbh. As for the premiership...done and dusted imo. Unless Mourinho were to leave Chelsea, which he won't, Chelsea have won it :)
Sat 24/09/05 at 21:10
Regular
We've seen big leads dropped before in the past, it can happen again, maybe.

Liverpool away for them in the league next. Lose that, and then they got Bolton who consistently cause them problems (a draw last season after being 2-0 up and a bolton win the season before)
Sat 24/09/05 at 21:12
Regular
"Long time no see!"
I'm not judging this on the basis of one game - come on, it was bleedin' Everton for crying out loud! Put Christopher Wreh out on the pitch Monday night and he'd have gotten himself four goals before being subbed at half-time!

He's looked a distinctly different player for the last two-to-three years. I know he's had some injury problems but he appears to lose his consistency from time to time. One game, he'll be solid as a rock, man of the match. The next, it'll be like David James all across your back four! (Okay, perhaps not THAT bad!)

He's certainly been a very different player for England, in the years since Sven-Goran Eriksson took charge. Generally he's been okay. But there have been several occasion, mainly in the qualifiers, when his calamity defending could have cost us much more. I think it was in the Macedonia game where we stuggled to get a point out of it; the cross comes in from the right, Campbell little falls on the ball and "GOAL!". But it was only every against these teams, I must say. He's still in contention for a squad place, in my books.

Thankfully, we have Terry and Ferdinand to go as first-choice though! ;D
Sat 24/09/05 at 21:16
Regular
"Mozzy"
I wouldn't actually mind Arsenal getting relegated so they can be in a league consisting of fair play, instead of being in a league where you can already predict the results.

I honestly dont think Chelsea will loose any matches in the Prem this season, the likes of Man Utd and Arsenal might come close, but I hate to admit it - Chelsea are unbeatable.

Im sure come January or the end of the season, Chelsea would have bought another world class player like Ronaldinho to add to their already unbeatble team.
Sat 24/09/05 at 21:17
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
It was over when United dropped their first points of the season. *Flicks over to La Liga*

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.