GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Lost"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 22/09/05 at 10:25
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
I really can't get into this at all. Tried to watch an episode last night, and it was just a bunch of models, some freaks (fat man and hobbit), and devil foreigners that have different ways. Why is it so popular?
Thu 22/09/05 at 17:22
Regular
"Get It?Got It?Good!"
Black Glove wrote:

>Truth is, I'm morbidly waiting for Hurly's flashback story.

Haha, Hurley's wicked. Gotta be the best character on the island. Although i would rather be stranded with Kate or the girl who has credit cards and sunbathes all day in a bikini :)

Other characters that i think are cool are Charlie, Sawyer, Sayid (sp?), Locke (again sp?!)

But to be fair i do think its something you have to watch from the beginiing like others have said before. I probably wouldnt enjoy it as much if i hadnt seen the first few episodes. They run on from each other and they rely on the viewer having knowledge from the past episodes to get across their new storylines.
Thu 22/09/05 at 17:05
Regular
Black Glove wrote:
> And it's so obvious they've all died and gone to Paradise (island) -
> which in fact is a kind of Purgatory.

The way in which the writers have spoken in interviews suggest that it won't be purgatory, and let's face it, it'd be too predictable.

Oh, and Season 2 premiered last night in America *watches*
Thu 22/09/05 at 16:10
"High polygon count"
Pandaemonium wrote:
> Not really. They wouldn't know they're dead. Ever heard of a double
> bluff?

Certainly, but I still think it's too obvious. If it does turn out to be that, there'll be a lot of very disappointed people.

If the guy going through the engine was 'released' because he'd helped someone, then what of Jack? It seems he's never committed any crime, he's made his peace over his father, and so far saved 2 lives. Why is he still there?

> Ashama is a little different to being in a wheelchair for x amount of
> years.

Yes, but it is a physical disability nonetheless, which prevents the level playing field scenario you mentioned earlier. When it comes to running away from whatever, Shannon would be in a not too dissimilar position to Locke in his wheelchair.

There's also the transmission they detected, the dead bodies of "Adam & Eve", and more besides.

> Anyway, as I previously mentioned, I think they're (were) making it
> up as they go along now.

Possibly, but I'm not convinced. One of the creators is J.J. Abrams, and he's quite effective at this sort of thing.

I agree, though, that something needs to happen soon. It started out very well, but has tailed off a little over recent weeks. I know from the hour-long special on E4 that they find a metal door in the jungle floor at some point.

Also, now that Sayid has gone off on his own walkabout to "map the island", I think we'll start discovering more about the place.

The only other series that has been so disjointed in its first season was Babylon 5, which also used its opening season to set up storylines and characters. It really took off in the 2nd season, and turned out to be a masterpiece of TV storytelling.

With that in mind, I'm happy to stick with Lost at least until the 2nd season.
Thu 22/09/05 at 16:03
Regular
"0228"
Pandaemonium wrote:
> I predict that in a future episode, Sayids (the Iraqi national guard
> member) back story will show him to be a bomb maker, and his
> knowledge of this will have a major technological benefit to the
> group (it's been of use already).

Sayid's back story was in the episode that was on E4 last night. I shall say no more.
Thu 22/09/05 at 15:55
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
> Pandaemonium wrote:
> 1) It's banged on about how they "should have died"
>
> Exactly. Which would make them actually being dead too
> obvious, don't you think?

Not really. They wouldn't know they're dead. Ever heard of a double bluff?

Ashama is a little different to being in a wheelchair for x amount of years.

*shrug*

Anyway, as I previously mentioned, I think they're (were) making it up as they go along now. I'm rapidly losing interest in it too to be honest. I watched ten minutes last night. I might watch this Sunday.

The entire premise is bad life, soul searching, event happens to show them their hidden resources, they come through shining, after learning a valuable lesson.

Purgatory.

I don't think I could take more than two of these...

We've got Jacks alcoholism to content with yet...
Thu 22/09/05 at 15:47
"High polygon count"
Pandaemonium wrote:
> 1) It's banged on about how they "should have died"

Exactly. Which would make them actually being dead too obvious, don't you think?

> How Loche can't walk I don’t know, but it suggests that all physical
> disabilities are removed so the playing field is leveled so to speak.

That can't be, because of Shannon's asthma.

Plus, I don't think the show's creators would produce something with such overtly religious overtones.
Thu 22/09/05 at 15:32
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
> A theory quite popular on the net, but I doubt it.
>
> Why?
>
> In the first couple of episodes, a guy gets sucked through the
> still-running engine. Which makes absolutely no sense if you're
> already dead.

1) It's banged on about how they "should have died"
2) Jack Shepherd (the name suggests leader) is becoming a reluctant leader, he sorted out the guilt over his fathers death before he took the role.
3) Kate Austin, the fugitive, is becoming the peacekeeper of the group, atoning for her past crimes.

Perhaps people "dying" are them leaving purgatory. They simply can't vanish otherwise it wouldn't be purgatoy. Perhaps the guy lead a "good" life (whatever the requirements are), helped someone after the crash, and was elibable to move on.

How Loche can't walk I don’t know, but it suggests that all physical disabilities are removed so the playing field is leveled so to speak. he's currently in the role of God, the Devil, or both.

I predict that in a future episode, Sayids (the Iraqi national guard member) back story will show him to be a bomb maker, and his knowledge of this will have a major technological benefit to the group (it's been of use already).

You'll not believe me, but I've been on about it being purgatory since I heard "plane crash", "weird" and "nothing as it seems" before the series started. *shrug*

They could (and this is what I now suspect) be making it up as they go along.
Thu 22/09/05 at 15:21
"High polygon count"
Black Glove wrote:
> And it's so obvious they've all died and gone to Paradise (island) -
> which in fact is a kind of Purgatory.

A theory quite popular on the net, but I doubt it.

Why?

In the first couple of episodes, a guy gets sucked through the still-running engine. Which makes absolutely no sense if you're already dead.
Thu 22/09/05 at 14:13
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
They've paired the hobbit up with the fat guy, like "Abbott & Costello in Mordor" or something. For a show that can apparently go anywhere, it's pretty cliched.

"I spent 5 years in the Republican Guard"

Right, so why just put bamboo shoots under his fingernails? I could have done that!
Thu 22/09/05 at 14:11
Regular
"Laughingstock"
"Buckleberry Ferry!" I keep expecting the hobbit to say that. (What should we do?) - "Buckleberry Ferry!"

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.