GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Fat people: ruining it for everyone."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 15/09/05 at 11:16
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
I like food, I eat lots of it. But I'm not fat. Considering the amount I consume on average weekly, and my occupation, I should be fat but I do this little thing called "exercise", and I know how to cut back to maintain my health and (don't snigger) figure. So I don't see why I should be punished because a few people dotted around the country decided not to look after themselves, and sat in every night watching Eastenders and Coronation Street, open-mouthed and dribbling, no control over their bodily functions, until they became one with the sofa. "Punished?", you say, "They can hardly punish you - have you ever seen a fat man run? He'd die of exhaustion after 50 yards. His last words would be 'It *gasp* was *pant* Ne...al...'".

I'm clearly annoyed about something: that something is Weetabix. Or rather, the lack of it. Have you seen the portions you get nowadays? Tiny! I had to have 5 this morning because they've made them so small. But it isn't only the wonder-breakfast that is Weetabix - everything is getting smaller. It's all in response to the growing number of fatties that can't keep their chubby mitts out of the biscuit box. I think it's a measure that will backfire, though - they'll just put more in their bowl/face, like I had to this morning.

These gargantuans know there is something wrong with them (which is pretty perplexing, because wouldn't you take action if you had a life-threatening illness?), we see them on TV at all hours of the day, putting their bodies on show in some form of pity-act, when they've only got themselves to blame. I'm not talking about the morbidly obese people, that have genuinely got a reason to be the size they are. I mean the Waller-inspired mountains that get big because they're so damn lazy and have a defeatist attitude to helping themselves. It actually infuriates me that the problem has gotten so bad in our society, we're making unneccesary changes to products which have been available to healthy consumers for decades.

I have a solution. It lies not in food, but in clothes. Stop manufacturing above certain sizes and the population will have to adjust. Prescription clothes for those with proper problems. Sure, this could backfire and we'd see masses of naked blubber waddling up the street (like Orca beached himself in New Look), I accept this risk, but I think we've tried everything now except for shame. I'm only half-serious, of course, but what else is there? Nobody would accept a forced regime of exercise, or a mass-culling of jumbos.

But seriously, people will follow trends that are in shops, and if you make the better clothes in smaller sizes, then the people will have to follow suit (pun intended, yes I am so clever yo). Look at mobile phones. All the decent ones are on monthly tariffs, not Pay As you Go. you have to pay a King's ransom to get a nice-looking phone off a monthly scheme, but people will because it gives them freedom. An example of leading consumers by the nose, and it proves that they will follow. So yeah, I'm annoyed because my food was small, when it needn't have been because I'm not stupid and can resist the urge to eat packets of crisps and biscuits afterwards. Thanks for nothing, nation of fatsos.
Thu 15/09/05 at 12:11
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Ineedsleep wrote:
> * goes to find weight watchers web site :( *

Typical! The slightest mention of weight and a woman gets all defensive!
Thu 15/09/05 at 12:09
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Meka Dragon wrote:
> You'd have to give allowances for pregnant women too. They can get
> quite big.
>
> But don't ever, ever, tell them that.

That comes under medical. And pest control.
Thu 15/09/05 at 12:03
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
5 weetabix? Is this on a scale with bragging about how many Shredded Wheat you can eat?

I too like the flight of fancy which would lead to the culling of very overweight people. At least I prefer it to the suggestion of making clothes too small for them. As it is there are some pretty revolting sights when you step outside your front door these days.

However you take away the right of people who wake up one morning and think to themselves "Gods, I'm fat and I intend to do something about it". Also where do you draw the line? What you consider to be a fattie may not be anothers perception.

* goes to find weight watchers web site :( *
Thu 15/09/05 at 11:51
Regular
"not dead"
I rarely get up in time to have breakfast.

Which apparently is really bad for you.

I don't tend to eat until around 10, when I have a banana and a tangerine.

Lunch consists of sandwiches - usually turkey or something. Not deep filled with mayo and crap. Another tangerine, some apple biscuit things that are nice.

Then at 2 I eat an apple.

Every working day.

So predictable.

Apart from today, I had two bananas.

Here ends today's my food report.
Thu 15/09/05 at 11:48
Regular
"Laughingstock"
I like Readybrek in the morning, unsugared, accompanied by a chopped banana. I also like the idea of a mass-culling of jumbos. Lock'n'load.

On the clothes thing, don't bigger people find it difficult to find garments that fit as it is? Especially women, most highstreet retailers not stocking clothes beyond size 18 or something - ?
Thu 15/09/05 at 11:47
Regular
"not dead"
You'd have to give allowances for pregnant women too. They can get quite big.

But don't ever, ever, tell them that.
Thu 15/09/05 at 11:41
Regular
Are you sure you didn't just buy Weetabix mini's by mistake?

EDIT: Because 2 Weetabix fill me up in the morning.
Thu 15/09/05 at 11:29
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
...or it could be the simple fact that Weetabix are trying to cut down the amount of product they give you for the same price or at an increased price to better their profit margins, move their stock quicker and sell more of their product?
Thu 15/09/05 at 11:16
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
I like food, I eat lots of it. But I'm not fat. Considering the amount I consume on average weekly, and my occupation, I should be fat but I do this little thing called "exercise", and I know how to cut back to maintain my health and (don't snigger) figure. So I don't see why I should be punished because a few people dotted around the country decided not to look after themselves, and sat in every night watching Eastenders and Coronation Street, open-mouthed and dribbling, no control over their bodily functions, until they became one with the sofa. "Punished?", you say, "They can hardly punish you - have you ever seen a fat man run? He'd die of exhaustion after 50 yards. His last words would be 'It *gasp* was *pant* Ne...al...'".

I'm clearly annoyed about something: that something is Weetabix. Or rather, the lack of it. Have you seen the portions you get nowadays? Tiny! I had to have 5 this morning because they've made them so small. But it isn't only the wonder-breakfast that is Weetabix - everything is getting smaller. It's all in response to the growing number of fatties that can't keep their chubby mitts out of the biscuit box. I think it's a measure that will backfire, though - they'll just put more in their bowl/face, like I had to this morning.

These gargantuans know there is something wrong with them (which is pretty perplexing, because wouldn't you take action if you had a life-threatening illness?), we see them on TV at all hours of the day, putting their bodies on show in some form of pity-act, when they've only got themselves to blame. I'm not talking about the morbidly obese people, that have genuinely got a reason to be the size they are. I mean the Waller-inspired mountains that get big because they're so damn lazy and have a defeatist attitude to helping themselves. It actually infuriates me that the problem has gotten so bad in our society, we're making unneccesary changes to products which have been available to healthy consumers for decades.

I have a solution. It lies not in food, but in clothes. Stop manufacturing above certain sizes and the population will have to adjust. Prescription clothes for those with proper problems. Sure, this could backfire and we'd see masses of naked blubber waddling up the street (like Orca beached himself in New Look), I accept this risk, but I think we've tried everything now except for shame. I'm only half-serious, of course, but what else is there? Nobody would accept a forced regime of exercise, or a mass-culling of jumbos.

But seriously, people will follow trends that are in shops, and if you make the better clothes in smaller sizes, then the people will have to follow suit (pun intended, yes I am so clever yo). Look at mobile phones. All the decent ones are on monthly tariffs, not Pay As you Go. you have to pay a King's ransom to get a nice-looking phone off a monthly scheme, but people will because it gives them freedom. An example of leading consumers by the nose, and it proves that they will follow. So yeah, I'm annoyed because my food was small, when it needn't have been because I'm not stupid and can resist the urge to eat packets of crisps and biscuits afterwards. Thanks for nothing, nation of fatsos.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.