GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Fat people: ruining it for everyone."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 15/09/05 at 11:16
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
I like food, I eat lots of it. But I'm not fat. Considering the amount I consume on average weekly, and my occupation, I should be fat but I do this little thing called "exercise", and I know how to cut back to maintain my health and (don't snigger) figure. So I don't see why I should be punished because a few people dotted around the country decided not to look after themselves, and sat in every night watching Eastenders and Coronation Street, open-mouthed and dribbling, no control over their bodily functions, until they became one with the sofa. "Punished?", you say, "They can hardly punish you - have you ever seen a fat man run? He'd die of exhaustion after 50 yards. His last words would be 'It *gasp* was *pant* Ne...al...'".

I'm clearly annoyed about something: that something is Weetabix. Or rather, the lack of it. Have you seen the portions you get nowadays? Tiny! I had to have 5 this morning because they've made them so small. But it isn't only the wonder-breakfast that is Weetabix - everything is getting smaller. It's all in response to the growing number of fatties that can't keep their chubby mitts out of the biscuit box. I think it's a measure that will backfire, though - they'll just put more in their bowl/face, like I had to this morning.

These gargantuans know there is something wrong with them (which is pretty perplexing, because wouldn't you take action if you had a life-threatening illness?), we see them on TV at all hours of the day, putting their bodies on show in some form of pity-act, when they've only got themselves to blame. I'm not talking about the morbidly obese people, that have genuinely got a reason to be the size they are. I mean the Waller-inspired mountains that get big because they're so damn lazy and have a defeatist attitude to helping themselves. It actually infuriates me that the problem has gotten so bad in our society, we're making unneccesary changes to products which have been available to healthy consumers for decades.

I have a solution. It lies not in food, but in clothes. Stop manufacturing above certain sizes and the population will have to adjust. Prescription clothes for those with proper problems. Sure, this could backfire and we'd see masses of naked blubber waddling up the street (like Orca beached himself in New Look), I accept this risk, but I think we've tried everything now except for shame. I'm only half-serious, of course, but what else is there? Nobody would accept a forced regime of exercise, or a mass-culling of jumbos.

But seriously, people will follow trends that are in shops, and if you make the better clothes in smaller sizes, then the people will have to follow suit (pun intended, yes I am so clever yo). Look at mobile phones. All the decent ones are on monthly tariffs, not Pay As you Go. you have to pay a King's ransom to get a nice-looking phone off a monthly scheme, but people will because it gives them freedom. An example of leading consumers by the nose, and it proves that they will follow. So yeah, I'm annoyed because my food was small, when it needn't have been because I'm not stupid and can resist the urge to eat packets of crisps and biscuits afterwards. Thanks for nothing, nation of fatsos.
Thu 15/09/05 at 16:25
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
I eat a lot, don't exercise and am not generally active. I go to college by bus and am studying an IT course for crying out loud!

And I'm skinny as a rake. Why?!
Thu 15/09/05 at 15:57
Regular
I'm a pretty skinny fellow, and yet I eat a load of fat-induced food everyday. Juicy pancakes slapped into the frying pan was on the menu this morning and I enjoyed every minute of it.

When we went to America earlier this year, the kind of stuff they eat is nothing compared to here. Everything is big, the food, the cars, the roads, the shops and obviously there are quite a few large people.

I guess I'm lucky, but I've never ever gotten to the point where I think I'm fat. Good metabolism, that's what it is.
Thu 15/09/05 at 14:34
Regular
"Excommunicated"
monkey_man wrote:
> GIGANTOR!!!

That made me laugh
Thu 15/09/05 at 14:15
Regular
"..."
I'm not fat, I'm just big-boned...

*Munches another custard-filled, chocolate-covered, deep-fried donut*
Thu 15/09/05 at 14:15
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
It might be because my child-like hands have sprouted into potential goalkeeper-sized mitts, but I'm sure Monster Munch used to be twice the size they are now. They used to be a painful ordeal to eat, and that was half the fun.

Crisp size is important to me.
Thu 15/09/05 at 13:00
Regular
"relocated"
My plan: a massive tax on hydrogenated vegetable oils, the most disgusting substance ever to enter the food chain. And it's in freaking everything. No point in banning it altogether because anyone stupid enough to eat it (once they actually know about it) should pay for their own gut transplant. [URL]http://www.bantransfats.com/[/URL]
Thu 15/09/05 at 12:35
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
GIGANTOR!!!
Thu 15/09/05 at 12:27
Regular
monkey_man wrote:

> What are you, The Borrowers?

Yes. All of them.

What are you though, to need 5 in the morning?
Thu 15/09/05 at 12:12
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
We can't help it - it's programmed into our genes :D
Thu 15/09/05 at 12:11
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Your Honour wrote:
> Are you sure you didn't just buy Weetabix mini's by mistake?
>
> EDIT: Because 2 Weetabix fill me up in the morning.

What are you, The Borrowers?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.