GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Fat people: ruining it for everyone."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 15/09/05 at 11:16
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
I like food, I eat lots of it. But I'm not fat. Considering the amount I consume on average weekly, and my occupation, I should be fat but I do this little thing called "exercise", and I know how to cut back to maintain my health and (don't snigger) figure. So I don't see why I should be punished because a few people dotted around the country decided not to look after themselves, and sat in every night watching Eastenders and Coronation Street, open-mouthed and dribbling, no control over their bodily functions, until they became one with the sofa. "Punished?", you say, "They can hardly punish you - have you ever seen a fat man run? He'd die of exhaustion after 50 yards. His last words would be 'It *gasp* was *pant* Ne...al...'".

I'm clearly annoyed about something: that something is Weetabix. Or rather, the lack of it. Have you seen the portions you get nowadays? Tiny! I had to have 5 this morning because they've made them so small. But it isn't only the wonder-breakfast that is Weetabix - everything is getting smaller. It's all in response to the growing number of fatties that can't keep their chubby mitts out of the biscuit box. I think it's a measure that will backfire, though - they'll just put more in their bowl/face, like I had to this morning.

These gargantuans know there is something wrong with them (which is pretty perplexing, because wouldn't you take action if you had a life-threatening illness?), we see them on TV at all hours of the day, putting their bodies on show in some form of pity-act, when they've only got themselves to blame. I'm not talking about the morbidly obese people, that have genuinely got a reason to be the size they are. I mean the Waller-inspired mountains that get big because they're so damn lazy and have a defeatist attitude to helping themselves. It actually infuriates me that the problem has gotten so bad in our society, we're making unneccesary changes to products which have been available to healthy consumers for decades.

I have a solution. It lies not in food, but in clothes. Stop manufacturing above certain sizes and the population will have to adjust. Prescription clothes for those with proper problems. Sure, this could backfire and we'd see masses of naked blubber waddling up the street (like Orca beached himself in New Look), I accept this risk, but I think we've tried everything now except for shame. I'm only half-serious, of course, but what else is there? Nobody would accept a forced regime of exercise, or a mass-culling of jumbos.

But seriously, people will follow trends that are in shops, and if you make the better clothes in smaller sizes, then the people will have to follow suit (pun intended, yes I am so clever yo). Look at mobile phones. All the decent ones are on monthly tariffs, not Pay As you Go. you have to pay a King's ransom to get a nice-looking phone off a monthly scheme, but people will because it gives them freedom. An example of leading consumers by the nose, and it proves that they will follow. So yeah, I'm annoyed because my food was small, when it needn't have been because I'm not stupid and can resist the urge to eat packets of crisps and biscuits afterwards. Thanks for nothing, nation of fatsos.
Mon 19/09/05 at 12:53
Regular
"smile, it's free"
Fat people should be made to pay road tax for the damage they do to pavements and floors. And wear a tax-disk.

Supermarkets should also stop serving them.

"I'm sorry sir, I can't serve you these cheesecakes. You're over 18."
(stone)
Fri 16/09/05 at 19:28
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Chr1s wrote:
> I don't understand how they keep eating enough to get to the sizes they > do.

Me too! When I think how much I eat in a day and hover around the same weight (12 stones) how much must people eat to become 20+ stones?

Plus as well carrying around all that extra weight burns up a load of extra calories that people who are the correct weight don't.
Fri 16/09/05 at 19:26
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
ssxpro wrote:
> Does anybody worry that the earth might start spinning more quickly
> with so much extra weight on particular areas of the surface?

It worries me that you think this.
Fri 16/09/05 at 17:03
Regular
"In Soviet Russia..."
It should be a law that fat people should go into comedy business.

It's funnier seeing a fat person fall down/trip on a banana skin than a skinny person.

It's harsh, but true.
Fri 16/09/05 at 12:26
Regular
Does anybody worry that the earth might start spinning more quickly with so much extra weight on particular areas of the surface?
Fri 16/09/05 at 11:04
Regular
Am i the only person who thinks fat people make the world look ugly?
Thu 15/09/05 at 21:37
Regular
"The definitive tag"
I don't think much of any of the excuses that fat people come up with.

From what I can gather, the main reason for the really big ones is that they have some sort of condition whereby they never feel full, no matter how much they eat. I don't understand how they keep eating enough to get to the sizes they do. Surely it takes only the most basic commonsense to know how much a healthy size portion is.

Yeah, sure, they may feel a bit hungry, but isn't that preferable to being so fat that you can't leave your house and dying from a heart attack at the age of 40?
Thu 15/09/05 at 19:27
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
What about a fat tax? I heard some debate a while ago about this but I don't know if anything ever happened? Anyone know if it did or not?
Thu 15/09/05 at 17:39
Regular
I eat and grow tall.
Thu 15/09/05 at 17:34
Regular
"Mozzy"
I eat alot, dont really exercise and im still not fat, im not even chubby, im just skin and bone. :(

Im sure when I get older i'll start to gain the pounds though, so really I should start exercising.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.