GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"X-Box360 vs PS3 (who will win)"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 12/09/05 at 23:35
Regular
"topgamer above all"
My personal thought-X-Box 360.Post yours.
Wed 14/09/05 at 16:46
Regular
"8==="
"My console is 'technically' 'slightly' better than yours."

Pfft give it up, like Johnny consumer gives a rat's ass about that.

I think having no need for memory cards and having custom soundtracks on all my games will decide which console I buy multi-format titles for regardless of whether one can chug a few more bytes than another.
Wed 14/09/05 at 16:52
Regular
Emitime wrote:
> And what's the fun of a 'console war' if we all make up and decide to
> go our own ways?

I must have missed the bit where they were fun in the first place I guess. I much prefer discussing things that are funny or exciting. When our respective consoles arrive we can retreat to the safety of our own forums and alternate between enjoying the fantastic new experiences and posting our new findings here to cries of "Wow, I have to try that" and "Woah, I might get that too" etc...
Wed 14/09/05 at 16:53
Regular
"\\"
Yeah. But 'console wars' are actually fun to a certain point in my opinion, before they become tedious and everyone starts picking at the tinyest details.

But all seems good at the moment. So i'll continue.
Wed 14/09/05 at 16:56
Regular
Emitime wrote:
> everyone starts picking at the tinyest details.

I think that's "tiniest".

Sorry, couldn't resist! You're welcome to say it was intentional, in which case, very funny!
Wed 14/09/05 at 16:58
Regular
"\\"
Nyar. It wasn't.

I knew there was something wrong with it, but I was too lazy to edit.
Wed 14/09/05 at 16:59
Regular
"8==="
Emitime wrote:
>
> I knew there was something wrong with it, but I was too lazy to edit.

Are you a Sony designer by any chance? ;)
Wed 14/09/05 at 17:06
Regular
"\\"
Wahey!
Wed 14/09/05 at 17:08
Regular
ssxpro wrote:
> I must have missed the bit where they were fun in the first place I
> guess. I much prefer discussing things that are funny or exciting.

Then go away and don't comment.
Thu 15/09/05 at 00:11
Regular
I'm still loving the PS3 is superior to the 360 comments.

The PS3 has one general purpose core and 7 support cores, th 360 has 3 general purpose cores each capable of processing two threads at once.

Neither supports out of order instruction execution or branch prediction so until someone can take them apart and benchmark them no one can know which CPU is superior, not even IBM who is making them both.....
Thu 15/09/05 at 00:16
Regular
[URL]http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=2453&p=3[/URL]

This is the only article worth taking authorative comments from about the hardware profiles of the consoles.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.