GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"X-Box360 vs PS3 (who will win)"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 12/09/05 at 23:35
Regular
"topgamer above all"
My personal thought-X-Box 360.Post yours.
Thu 15/09/05 at 19:01
Regular
"8==="
Depends on how much they want to play next-gen games ASAP.
Thu 15/09/05 at 18:24
"Tesco value"
It'll be close, but because of all the Sony fanboys, I think the PS3 will jism all over the 360 and again to the Revolution, possible even getting some in its eyes.

hypothetically
Thu 15/09/05 at 17:32
Regular
"Mozzy"
I think there is some really big game show thing happening in Tokyo tommorow and Nintendo are expected to reveal alot there, hopefully the controller too.
Thu 15/09/05 at 17:32
Regular
"8==="
Lukeman wrote:
> Have they actually announced the specs etc of the revolution yet?

Yep.

[URL]http://www.qvcuk.com/ukgasp/frameset.asp?aol_refer=false&dept=ukAAYAKI&ref=FAA&&[/URL]

Number 3 on the list.

There's going to be some crisp graphics coming out of that thing.

"Ten programmes and RE" - Sounds like a good launch deal too.
Thu 15/09/05 at 17:30
Regular
"You have a choice"
Have they actually announced the specs etc of the revolution yet?
Thu 15/09/05 at 17:20
Regular
"Mozzy"
LOOK. Shut up everybody, the Revolution will win.

[S]hahahahaha...
Thu 15/09/05 at 16:59
Regular
"You have a choice"
I'm definatly buying the PS3. Personally I feel the Blu-Ray idea is fantastic. If you HAD to buy Blu-Ray films, I'd be bummed, but seeing as the PS3 will support DVD's and CD's AS WELL, I think the argument "People will have to re-buy their DVD collection" is completely irrelevant.

In terms of Technical specs, PS3 seems to have the edge. And in terms of sales, I think PS3 will rise to the top again, but It will be a closer fought battle than PS2 Vs. X-box.

I also don't mind the extra cost for the PS3. Although I like cheap games/consoles, I feel more confident of getting a reliable product. Also, I think the X-BOX 360 may actually be setting its price too low! I believe the PS1 AND PS2 debuted at £300. Setting a starter price of just over £200 seems to me like a desperate attempt to boost sales with an inferior product.
Thu 15/09/05 at 00:16
Regular
[URL]http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=2453&p=3[/URL]

This is the only article worth taking authorative comments from about the hardware profiles of the consoles.
Thu 15/09/05 at 00:11
Regular
I'm still loving the PS3 is superior to the 360 comments.

The PS3 has one general purpose core and 7 support cores, th 360 has 3 general purpose cores each capable of processing two threads at once.

Neither supports out of order instruction execution or branch prediction so until someone can take them apart and benchmark them no one can know which CPU is superior, not even IBM who is making them both.....
Wed 14/09/05 at 17:08
Regular
ssxpro wrote:
> I must have missed the bit where they were fun in the first place I
> guess. I much prefer discussing things that are funny or exciting.

Then go away and don't comment.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.