GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Er ..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 10/09/05 at 00:22
"period drama"
[URL]http://gc.advancedmn.com/article.php?artid=5673[/URL]

It's already illegal? That's why they're rated 18, right?
Sat 10/09/05 at 00:43
Regular
"0228"
Aha, I tried that in the past.
Sat 10/09/05 at 00:42
Regular
I think the kids have a small part in it though, i know i always used to say to my mum "Oh its an 18 because of the difficulty etc".
Sat 10/09/05 at 00:38
"High polygon count"
Absolutely. But they're quick enough to blame the game when Little Johnny goes out and stabs someone in the eye with a kitchen knife.
Sat 10/09/05 at 00:37
"period drama"
It's just general ignorance towards games in most cases.

Parents say "oh it's just a game!" then buy it, and let their kid play it however they like on their own in their room. But would that same parent let their kid watch an 18-rated film on their own as many times as they like?
Indeed not.
Sat 10/09/05 at 00:34
"High polygon count"
Well, what can you say?

Fining the shops is a half-arsed attempt. Fine the parents, too.

Only a few days ago, my cousin and his wife were talking about their son playing San Andreas. He's only 13/14. And unlike some kids who may get away with buying the games, he doesn't look anywhere near 18. So one of them obviously bought it for him.
Sat 10/09/05 at 00:27
Regular
"Captain to you."
Basically new packaging that is really clear that they are violent games.

I think having them come wrapped in blood soaked bandages(sp?) would make it clear.
Sat 10/09/05 at 00:26
Regular
"Unlike movies where you passively watch violence, in a video game, you are the active participant and making decisions on who to stab, maim, burn or kill," said Assemblyman Yee. "As a result, these games serve as learning tools that have a dramatic impact on our children."

Right, because violence didn't exist before computer games.
Sat 10/09/05 at 00:22
"period drama"
[URL]http://gc.advancedmn.com/article.php?artid=5673[/URL]

It's already illegal? That's why they're rated 18, right?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.