GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Another nanny state farce ..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 08/09/05 at 18:52
Regular
[URL]http://www.manchesteronline.co.uk/men/news/s/172/172859_soccer_club_fined_90000_over_death.html[/URL]

What isn't mentioned is that the boy was 14 years old. What the hell was a 14 year old doing riding a 125cc motorbike anywhere?, let alone a private car park while being watched by his parents. Open and shut case in my opinion - he was riding illegally on a bike too big for him and was riding it recklessly.

Oh but the chain was difficult to see, ah, then he's clearly blameless, and his parents shouldn't be strung up for allowing their boy to endanger himself and others in a public place.

It makes me sick. Then I see illiterate teenage mothers on the telly harping on about how it's a 'des-grays' that they don't get free hand outs, just because they can't keep their pikey legs closed for more than five minutes.

Also in the paper earlier this week - woman sues a funeral directors for suffering 'trauma' from dealing with dead bodies for 20 years. I'll run that by you again - twenty (20) years. Wouldn't you think that after say, ooooooh, 6 months, you might think "hmmmm, don't think this is for me" ... ? Nope, she obviously thought "This is horrible, I just don't think I can carry on. I'll carry on for another 19 years or so though, just to make sure."

Such claims should be a crime. A punishable, fine-able crime. Mister and Missus Tax Payer happily pay into the system, completely oblivious to the fact that (and this is also 100% true), a man who had a sex change has sued the health service because he had faulty advice. He claims that doctors should have talked him out of it.

That's fair enough though isn't it? The poor fella/woman/parasite, bless ...

Ah, the sweet sensation of boiling blood ...
Sun 11/09/05 at 12:03
"period drama"
180o is probably a bit excessive.
Sun 11/09/05 at 01:47
Regular
"8==="
You're supposed to cool the coffee down with milk anyway.
Sun 11/09/05 at 01:38
"High polygon count"
SHEEPY wrote:
> To be fair, should the coffee be served boiling?
> Especially at drive-ins when it is more likely to spill.

Well yes, it should. Coffee is a hot drink. It's boiling when you make it at home. I don't know about you, but I learned to be very careful with hot drinks when I was about 5!

If you get into a car, remove the lid and drop it in your lap, that's your own damn fault!

I could understand suing if the staff sprayed it in your face, but all these cases are the fault of the customer, no-one else.

And you just know they'd whine and complain if it was served cold!
Sun 11/09/05 at 01:30
Regular
munn wrote:

> The only problem with teh entire thing is that there was a chain
> there which the club had been warned to remove or make more visible
> or whatever, but hadn't.
>
> Now what's wrong with suing for that?
>
> The club were in the wrong.

By your reasoning, if I put a holly bush in my front garden, and a child runs into it one day, poking his eye out, I am in the wrong for having a holly bush in my front garden. It's my private land, I ought to be able to put what I want on it, within reason. I put a washing line at the side of my house, a kid is riding his bike down there, doesn't see it, hits it and severs his windpipe - I'm at fault for having a washing line on my property.

Does that sound fair to you? This isn't a public road we're talking about, we're talking about private property. I dare say the club were not happy about children screaming about on that car park. I have been on there myself (fact) with a few friends on a petrol go-kart, and was asked to move on more than one occasion. If I was to kill myself, I hope that my parents would have the sense to see that it was my own silly risk-taking that lead to my death. NOT open their hands expectantly, turning my death into a financial bonus. And let's face it, that's what it is. Just like the families of those killed by the London bombs. "It's not enough!", they cry. As though the world owes them something.

That's why this country is in the mess it is, far too soft and ready to give funds to any sucker who comes along. Those who truly deserve it - the elderly who have worked their entire lives, get stiffed.
Sat 10/09/05 at 23:59
Regular
"The definitive tag"
The rate at which these cases are becoming more extreme is quite worrying. Ten years ago you saw barely any adverts for injury claims on TV (if any at all), now you can't get away from them.

The snowball effect really has come into play here. As people realised they could claim for accidents, more and more of these bloody companies started popping up. Then the whole idea grows until it's just a never ending sea of idiots helping idiots get money for their idiocy.

It's infringing on society in general as well. People are having to be far more cautious about certain things. School field trips for example. Schools are now far more hesitant to take children off the site for an outdoor activities weekend or something alike. The reason being? If anything happens to a kid then it's going to be the school that gets ass raped.

In this case of the boy and his bike, I don't think his parents should recieve that amount of compensation. You can say all you want about the club being asked to remove the chain and the kid being an experienced rider, but the bottom line is that he should have not been riding a bike in an uncontrolled environment.
Sat 10/09/05 at 21:36
Regular
"Excommunicated"
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
> Best ones ever, though, are the "McDonald's serve hot
> coffee" cases.
>
> [URL]http://www.vanfirm.com/mcdonalds-coffee-lawsuit.htm[/URL]
>
> "Stella Liebeck had bought a 49-cent cup of coffee at the
> drive-in window of an Albuquerque McDonald's, and while removing the
> lid to add cream and sugar had spilled it, causing third-degree burns
> of the groin, inner thighs and buttocks. Her suit, filed in state
> court in Albuquerque, claimed the coffee was "defective"
> because it was so hot."

>
> The cup warns you that it's hot. You can feel that it's hot,
> even through the cup. You opened it, you spilled it, it's
> your fault.
>
> Unfortunately, the jury was full of similar idiots, as they awarded
> damages.

To be fair, should the coffee be served boiling?
Especially at drive-ins when it is more likely to spill.

But yeah, it is kind of stupid but there are a lot worse.
Sat 10/09/05 at 21:15
Regular
Back to the motorbike thing.

The thing is that the club had already been warned on occasions to do something about the chain and did nothing.

The kid was doing nothing wrong.
It may be wrong by your standard "A child shouldn't be driving a big motorbike in a car park that's not his", but he wasn't doing anything wrong, and he was "experienced and talented".

The only problem with teh entire thing is that there was a chain there which the club had been warned to remove or make more visible or whatever, but hadn't.

Now what's wrong with suing for that?

The club were in the wrong.
Sat 10/09/05 at 09:15
Regular
"the burning sky"
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> Could someone explain this as well - that other advert "I was in
> a car with my mate ... as we were turning, a lorry hit us!" -
> who's he suing for that? Because it was really his mate's fault for
> turning into a road when there was a bloody great truck coming the
> other way.

We had a strange couple across the road from us, the wife was blatently having an affair, but the stayed stayed for some reason I cant't explain. Anyway thats a different story. The husband was driving down an 'Access Only' road, which they were just taking as a shortcut and they hit another moving vehicle. The wife in the passenger seat got whiplashed and sued her husband for 'Injury as a result of wreckless driving' or something. I mean, how could you sue you own husband??
Sat 10/09/05 at 00:29
Regular
"It's so,so cold"
"Let's see.There is a large heavy object.I'm going to pick it up.Oh crap..I'm hurt.This can't possibly be because I'm a moron who can't lift things without injuring myself."

Surely his safety training would have already been given to him at ..oh maybe 2 or 3 years after his birth.When he was learing how to move and lift without fooking it up.

When those flippin adds are on I actually shout SCUM at the tele becuase it annoys me so,so,so much.
Sat 10/09/05 at 00:29
"High polygon count"
Best ones ever, though, are the "McDonald's serve hot coffee" cases.

[URL]http://www.vanfirm.com/mcdonalds-coffee-lawsuit.htm[/URL]

"Stella Liebeck had bought a 49-cent cup of coffee at the drive-in window of an Albuquerque McDonald's, and while removing the lid to add cream and sugar had spilled it, causing third-degree burns of the groin, inner thighs and buttocks. Her suit, filed in state court in Albuquerque, claimed the coffee was "defective" because it was so hot."

The cup warns you that it's hot. You can feel that it's hot, even through the cup. You opened it, you spilled it, it's your fault.

Unfortunately, the jury was full of similar idiots, as they awarded damages.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.