GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Another nanny state farce ..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 08/09/05 at 18:52
Regular
[URL]http://www.manchesteronline.co.uk/men/news/s/172/172859_soccer_club_fined_90000_over_death.html[/URL]

What isn't mentioned is that the boy was 14 years old. What the hell was a 14 year old doing riding a 125cc motorbike anywhere?, let alone a private car park while being watched by his parents. Open and shut case in my opinion - he was riding illegally on a bike too big for him and was riding it recklessly.

Oh but the chain was difficult to see, ah, then he's clearly blameless, and his parents shouldn't be strung up for allowing their boy to endanger himself and others in a public place.

It makes me sick. Then I see illiterate teenage mothers on the telly harping on about how it's a 'des-grays' that they don't get free hand outs, just because they can't keep their pikey legs closed for more than five minutes.

Also in the paper earlier this week - woman sues a funeral directors for suffering 'trauma' from dealing with dead bodies for 20 years. I'll run that by you again - twenty (20) years. Wouldn't you think that after say, ooooooh, 6 months, you might think "hmmmm, don't think this is for me" ... ? Nope, she obviously thought "This is horrible, I just don't think I can carry on. I'll carry on for another 19 years or so though, just to make sure."

Such claims should be a crime. A punishable, fine-able crime. Mister and Missus Tax Payer happily pay into the system, completely oblivious to the fact that (and this is also 100% true), a man who had a sex change has sued the health service because he had faulty advice. He claims that doctors should have talked him out of it.

That's fair enough though isn't it? The poor fella/woman/parasite, bless ...

Ah, the sweet sensation of boiling blood ...
Sun 11/09/05 at 22:31
Regular
Just referring back to about a year ago when myself and Timmargh were discussing the use of cannabis as a medicinal pain killer. Belldandy told Timmargh he was a 'waster' for using the drug to ease his Muscular Dystrophy.
Sun 11/09/05 at 22:30
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Tomm wrote:
> Cycloon wrote:
> Tomm wrote:
> FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> 180o is probably a bit excessive.
>
> No way is that celsius, it'd probably melt the plastic cups. Since
> it's America, it's more likely to be 180F, which is about
> 82oC.`
>
> That's still excessive ^^
>
> You do know what temperature water boils at right? ^^

Of course, but are you telling me you're quite comfortable having 82oC water on your skin?
Sun 11/09/05 at 22:29
Regular
"Not a Jew"
What?! But Belldandy has never broken a law in his life!1
Sun 11/09/05 at 22:23
Regular
RoJ wrote:

> Wow, that's a foolish blanket statement.
> Does this mean that because you drop a piece of litter, go slightly
> over the speed limit, urinate on the side of the motorway after
> during a long trip (where there is nowhere else to go unless you want
> to moisten your Calvin Kleins), or maybe just bang some bird before
> you are 16 mean you should lose all your rights, be locked up with
> no-one but Bubba the shower king and Dringo for company and be
> subject to the whim of a judge?

Welcome to Belldandys world!

WASTER!
Sun 11/09/05 at 21:27
Regular
"the burning sky"
Cycloon wrote:
> Tomm wrote:
>
> 82oC.`
>
> That's still excessive ^^

You do know what temperature water boils at right? ^^
Sun 11/09/05 at 20:48
Regular
"Not a Jew"
Smedlos wrote:
> Whatever you do don't go to America you'll explode!
>
> I'm with you on this one the fine is wrong. Anyone doing anything
> illegal should have no rights at all,

Wow, that's a foolish blanket statement.
Does this mean that because you drop a piece of litter, go slightly over the speed limit, urinate on the side of the motorway after during a long trip (where there is nowhere else to go unless you want to moisten your Calvin Kleins), or maybe just bang some bird before you are 16 mean you should lose all your rights, be locked up with no-one but Bubba the shower king and Dringo for company and be subject to the whim of a judge?

NO
Sun 11/09/05 at 20:39
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Tomm wrote:
>
> 82oC.`

That's still excessive ^^

And ANYONE on the wrong side of the law loses their rights? Please please please please think before you say such stuff. I.e, you park on double yellow, you have no rights at all? Trivial yes, but please think before say such a stupid comment.
Sun 11/09/05 at 15:42
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I'm sorry, but all this 'THESE DAYS EVERYONE SUES' crap is just bull.

Some do, most don't.

TADA!
Sun 11/09/05 at 13:55
Regular
"the burning sky"
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:

No way is that celsius, it'd probably melt the plastic cups. Since it's America, it's more likely to be 180F, which is about 82oC.`
Sun 11/09/05 at 12:59
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Whatever you do don't go to America you'll explode!

I'm with you on this one the fine is wrong. Anyone doing anything illegal should have no rights at all, it's like the burglar who sued that farmer because he shot him and used legal aid to do it.

It's stupid cases like this that lead to things such as a warning on packets of peanuts that say "Warning, contains nuts".

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.