GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Woooo, NFL"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 08/09/05 at 16:07
Regular
It starts tonight, I think.
No doubt I'll moan for the next 4 months about not having Sky SPorts Extra, but it's worth it.
At least the Patriots - Raiders game is on Sky Sports 1, soI'll watch it.

So yeah, go Raiders (or more specifically, go Randy Moss's hair) and beat those scummy Patriots for winning the Superbowl again :-(

Fantasy NFL doesn't start until week 3 though (I think), and there's a salary cap this year (Booo), though I'll still come top again this year (If we all enter, that is).

That's all.

Raiders ftw.

But Seahawks for the Superbowl.
Thu 08/09/05 at 19:20
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Randy's hair alone makes him better than the Colt's top 3 :-D
Thu 08/09/05 at 19:18
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
munn wrote:
> Aha, I know, but the Raiders have possibly the best offence now
> (although that award could go to the Colts), and I think the Patriots
> lost a couple of key defensive players.

True.

I think LaMont Jordan on the Raiders team will be the key signing, not Randy Moss or any other offensive player. What has been lacking in Oakland for years now is a running back, and in LaMont Jordan they've found the kind of guy who can't make a 10 yard run every play, but can do the job the Raiders need their running back to do, which is run some clock time and gain a bit of yardage, something which never happened before.

Last season it was pass, pass, pass, and while it made Kerry Collins' stats looked good, it meant that we gave the ball away far, far too quickly, and this coupled with a poor defense resulted in a lot of points conceeded.

Moss should be great, though. Him, Jerry Porter and Ronald Curry is easily the 2nd best receiving corps behind the Colts. Maybe even better than their main 3, in fact.
Thu 08/09/05 at 19:10
Regular
I think the Eagles will finally have their day.
They played awfully in the Superbowl.

And I forgot that the Pats lost their offensive AND defensive coordinators, so that'll work against them too.

I'm hoping they don't.
Thu 08/09/05 at 19:09
Regular
Aha, I know, but the Raiders have possibly the best offence now (although that award could go to the Colts), and I think the Patriots lost a couple of key defensive players.

The Raiders will probably lose - pretty much everyone loses against the Pats, but I'll watch just in case - It'll be one of about 3 games I'll get to see.
Thu 08/09/05 at 19:07
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Think the Patriots can make it 3 in a row and 4 out of the last 5 or can someone else win it this year? People are saying no because they've lost a few players and backroom staff but I think they'll do it.
Thu 08/09/05 at 19:02
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Patriots conceeding 49? Wow, you've got high hopes.

They usually don't even conceed 9.

Which is why I hate them.
Thu 08/09/05 at 19:00
Regular
I was only joking.

I'm staying up to watch it and I'll probably still be awake at 5am when it goes into overtime because the score will be 49-49 at the end of the fourth quarter.
Thu 08/09/05 at 17:18
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Not tuning in to a game because you think it's going to be "completely average" is just stupid.

I'll watch/tape every match Sky Sports/whoever have on, because even if it looks like a boring match on paper, who's to say it won't actually turn out amazing in the end?
Thu 08/09/05 at 17:03
Regular
So the game will be completely average?

No point in watching then.

Damn.

But you have Randy Moss now.

Decisions.

I'll watch, but only because I got an email through from NFLuk saying if I email them with the scorer of the first touchdown, then I could win a signed Matt Hasselbeck Seahawks top.

Although a leather superbowl jacket (runners up prize) sounds cooler.
I want the autograph though.
Thu 08/09/05 at 16:59
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Bah, Patriots are boring, but Raiders are the complete opposite, so we'll cancel them out.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.