GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"AoE demo is out..."

The "PC Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Age of Empires 3'.
Wed 07/09/05 at 23:51
Regular
[URL]http://aoe3.heavengames.com[/URL]

Cracking stuff.
Thu 08/09/05 at 20:40
Regular
"The Red Shift"
Just from what I've been reading (shall download demo later) it just sounds as if it's a duplicate of Rise of Nations (made from the creater or something of AoE). Good game, but it wasn't exactly limetless in it's lifespan...
Thu 08/09/05 at 20:29
Regular
"Captain to you."
This is how quake 1 looks for me. [URL]http://tenebrae.sourceforge.net/shots8/quake00099.jpg[/URL] [URL]http://tenebrae.sourceforge.net/shots8/quake93.jpg[/URL]
Thu 08/09/05 at 20:27
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Memorandum! wrote:
> OddToe wrote:
> That still won't give you the best graphics, it is all down to what
> you graphics chip can handle. Mate.
>
> erm, please explain this comment.

Actually, yeah.
So does that mean if I get a £500 graphics card then some of old games will look amazing?
Thu 08/09/05 at 20:24
Regular
"\\"
Just been playing for a few hours or whatever.

Need now!

Some of the really annoying things on II have been taken away.

Can't rememember what they are now because im in so much awe.

But I know they're gone!
Thu 08/09/05 at 20:19
Regular
Memorandum! wrote:
> OddToe wrote:
> That still won't give you the best graphics, it is all down to what
> you graphics chip can handle. Mate.
>
> erm, please explain this comment.

My graphics card is a geForce 2 (A pile of assForce 2). I can put all the textures and stuff up to high on HL2 and it'll run. But even though all the stuff is on high it won't look as nice as someone elses HL2 who has everything on high who has a better card than mine.
Thu 08/09/05 at 20:00
Regular
Yeah it looks pretty awsome, it can run on full graphics on Minlack's PC :D
Thu 08/09/05 at 19:52
Regular
"Dunemaul NE Hunter"
Just finished playing a skirmish game. Was quite fun, especially burining down the enemy colony. It's certainly a beautiful game. I look forward to playing on larger maps. Not too intrested in the campaign mode. I never liked them in the previous game any way.
Thu 08/09/05 at 19:12
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
I can't get the demo to work, which is quite disappointing. Barely surprised, though, seeing as this machine is woe.

Ah well, I'll be buying the game anyway. If it's similar to AOE2, well, *shrug*, that was amazing, so I'd be happy with that.
Thu 08/09/05 at 18:43
Regular
It seems so zoomed in. I tried changing the camera to very far but it didn't seem to do anything.

Anyone had any luck? I hate being able to see a few buildings on my screen. I like to see the entire town and big scale battles.
Thu 08/09/05 at 18:20
Regular
"Dunemaul NE Hunter"
Just tried it out, and I got it running painfully smoothly on the highest graphics. However, when I scroll around the map, the screen seems to glitch slightly. It's a bit like playing a game with no V sync, but slightly stranger. Anyone else having this problem??

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.