GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"AoE demo is out..."

The "PC Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Age of Empires 3'.
Wed 07/09/05 at 23:51
Regular
[URL]http://aoe3.heavengames.com[/URL]

Cracking stuff.
Fri 09/09/05 at 17:00
Regular
It's a computer/internet related issue. Too many houses equals too big of a population which can cause laggy online battles.
Fri 09/09/05 at 16:50
Regular
Haven't touched the Campaign mode, I only really ever play Skirmish.

Just found something that is possibly dissapointing, there seems to be a population limit, a thing which let down the other games.

Unless it's just a demo thing, but they seem to limit the amount of houses you can build.
Fri 09/09/05 at 16:16
Regular
Is it just me or do you guys keep running out of wood in the campaign? If you play for a long time then you run out of trees. There are hardly any to begin with in the first place.
Fri 09/09/05 at 16:16
Regular
"Mozzy"
I downloaded it, but it told me that my PC isn't good enough to run it, so I clicked 'Run game anyway' and it doesn't run very well on my PC which is a shame because I really like AOE 2.

:(

I can play it, but I just want to because it's too jerky and slow. It says I need a 64MB video card instead of a 16MB which is the one I have right now. Depends how much I can get a 64MB card, if they're fairly cheap I might get one so I can play this game when it is released.
Fri 09/09/05 at 16:00
Regular
"\\"
I hate the way the pirates keep running away if I try and attack them.

Twunts.
Fri 09/09/05 at 14:50
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I like the guns
Fri 09/09/05 at 12:11
Regular
Clazon wrote:
> Just from what I've been reading (shall download demo later) it just
> sounds as if it's a duplicate of Rise of Nations (made from the
> creater or something of AoE). Good game, but it wasn't exactly
> limetless in it's lifespan...

This game is nothing like Rise of Nations. It's classic AoE material.

On the topic of food, build windmills and livestock pens. Train some sheep, fatten them up then kill them for their flesh.
Thu 08/09/05 at 20:49
Regular
I didn't know what card he had.

But yeh, you know.
Thu 08/09/05 at 20:44
Regular
"Captain to you."
Damarus wrote:
> SHEEPY has a fully compatible DX9 card and therefore his high
> settings will be the best detail available in the game.

maybe sheepys eyes are broken.
Thu 08/09/05 at 20:42
Regular
OddToe wrote:
> Memorandum! wrote:
> OddToe wrote:
> That still won't give you the best graphics, it is all down to what
> you graphics chip can handle. Mate.
>
> erm, please explain this comment.
>
> My graphics card is a geForce 2 (A pile of assForce 2). I can put
> all the textures and stuff up to high on HL2 and it'll run. But even
> though all the stuff is on high it won't look as nice as someone
> elses HL2 who has everything on high who has a better card than mine.

That was due to your card not being DirectX 9 compatible and therefore the game was running in full DirectX 7 detail which is completely crap compared to DX9.

SHEEPY has a fully compatible DX9 card and therefore his high settings will be the best detail available in the game.

EDIT: I have an X850 XT and I can run the games in completely max settings. The 7800 is a better card but it doesn't make the game look any better.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.