GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"stupid bloody kids paper game"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 07/09/05 at 23:18
Regular
"Monkey Man"
i cant finish paper mario 2, and its a kids game!!!!
after it does the thing with all the stars and everyone says go mario go, and you have to fight the demon again,
no matter how much i hit the focker, it wont die!!!
does anyone know how to beat it easily??
Thu 08/09/05 at 00:55
"period drama"
Well, most games are about violence in some way or another.
Thu 08/09/05 at 00:52
Regular
The Zelda games are all about violence, just in a fantasy context.
Thu 08/09/05 at 00:36
Regular
"bit of a brain"
They're not solely aimed at kids, but Nintendo like to release games that will appeal to the widest possible audience. A game about guns and violence isn't necessarily going to appeal to younger players, but a classic fairytale game like Zelda WW, with good, solid gameplay, is going to appeal to gamers both young and old.
Thu 08/09/05 at 00:33
Regular
"Monkey Man"
i didnt say that all games that are colourful or cel shaded are aimed at kids,
just most of the newer nintendo ones!
Thu 08/09/05 at 00:25
Regular
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> I can, and I do, and I'm right.

You don't precieve colourful games as child-like, but many other people do. Hence, they give off the perception they are for kids ;-).
Thu 08/09/05 at 00:07
Regular
It's a family game is Zelda, always has been and the latest has been designed like a Disney Cartoon. And although Disney has been enjoyed by everyone it still appeals to Children.

That aside it is a game for the whole family really.

Paper Mario's final boss is very tough and you'll need a bit of fluke... just get a load of the right items and go for it :D
Thu 08/09/05 at 00:06
"period drama"
Bonus wrote:
> I never have said that all brightly coloured games are aimed at
> children :-).

But that's the argument most people seem to represent.

> No one can argue that's the perception such games give off.

I can, and I do, and I'm right.
Thu 08/09/05 at 00:03
Regular
I never have said that all brightly coloured games are aimed at children :-).

No one can argue that's the perception such games give off.

I think the use of colour has been restricted to a dull scheme for too long in games. Dull colours in games have been a result of primitive texture filtering blending colours into a drab mix.

As consoles become more powerful, this can be addressed with things such as per-pixel lighting and anisotropic filtering (i.e. next-gen consoles), but at the moment the only way to get nice colourful graphics is to make them look like cartoons.
Wed 07/09/05 at 23:58
"period drama"
Aha, so, you admit that not all brightly coloured games are for the kiddie-wunkles?

And I do admit that games centered towards children are more likely (almost certaily) to be brightly coloured, because that's what gets them off. However, that is not to reversed to say that all brightly coloured games are for children.

Hurrah.
Wed 07/09/05 at 23:52
Regular
I don't think my little brother would have too much trouble with it.

XIII is cel-shaded definately not for kids.

Wind Waker is aimed at an audience not excluding kids, in my opinion. A family game :-).

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.