GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"stupid bloody kids paper game"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 07/09/05 at 23:18
Regular
"Monkey Man"
i cant finish paper mario 2, and its a kids game!!!!
after it does the thing with all the stars and everyone says go mario go, and you have to fight the demon again,
no matter how much i hit the focker, it wont die!!!
does anyone know how to beat it easily??
Sun 11/09/05 at 22:02
Regular
"What's basketball?"
Dringo wrote:
> I'm thinking of starting the game again... if only for the glitzville
> level.

My dad and bro already have. I have considered it. One of my favourite games ever. And it's pretty short and easy too. The Great Tree was my favourite bit. And I think Doopliss is the best baddie of all time! I love everything about him from his battle music to his slick lines(see what I did there? Perhaps not...)
Sat 10/09/05 at 15:13
Regular
I'm thinking of starting the game again... if only for the glitzville level.
Sat 10/09/05 at 00:18
Regular
"It's so,so cold"
I beat beat that mo fo on my second attempt.I had more trouble with Hooktail.Paper Mario 2 is class and I may eventually go back and do the pit of 100 trials.

I'm so retarded it hurts.
Fri 09/09/05 at 17:27
Regular
"Long time no see!"
I remember that boss - god, what a pain!

I got all the way to the very end - with a very limited amount of special items - and realised I couldn't do it. I spent about a week's worth of evenings trying to struggle through, but then I decided to back-track out of the castle, spend what I could on getting loads of mushrooms and power-ups, etc, went back in there - and I ANNIHALATED it!!! :D

I'd advise you to do the same, especially if you're low also. It may seem a daunting task to have to go back and forth, but trust me, it is worth it.

You'll also find the bob-omb-bloke's big blast attack-thing is best for knocking off health early on - as it gets all on screen enemies; both hands and the body. You also want to use the ghost/witch-girl's hide move when the boss is preparing one of those enormous attacks. But afterwards, as she charges up again, that's your chance to STRIKE!

I loved this game so much. Spent so many hours on it at the start of the year. The last 'Cube game I truly enjoyed to the max... And yet, I can't remember so many names and minor details that are all so obvious to you at first! :P
Fri 09/09/05 at 16:44
Regular
"What's basketball?"
I found all of Paper Mario pretty easy. I rarely got a "Game Over" apart from the Smorg(don't ask) and a bunch of non-boss things. The menu screens are a bit 'childish' as they are a bunch of flowers or stars,etc. flying across a bright coloured background. I beat the Shadow Queen on my first try. Isn't it odd how Goombella had no clue about the Shadow Queen despite it being in the tattle log? Anywhooo, let me give you a few tips. I know it's on Gamesfaq but I feel like helping someone out and putting an end to the kiddy finger. Here are a few things that may help:

Exit the room(I think there is a pipe somewhere leading to Rougeport or somthing) and try to stock up on as many items as you can. Get mushrooms, thunder rage(thunder bolt won't damage the Shadow Queen AND her hands),etc. and find the Shadow Queen.

If you want to get her in your tattle log then do so at the first match against her. Afterwards; swap to Bobbery as he has quite a lot of HP. When you can damage her then make sure that you have have Vivian out. Use items and flower points at will. Don't forget your specials.

When she charges up her attack and starts to glow then use Vivian's Veil to avoid her attack. You could also use Boo Sheets if you have any spare. Use Fiery Jynx occasionally to burn her and her hands. Then hammer away, repeat this routine and she will eventually fall.

NOTE: There is really no need to level up for this battle as I beat her at level 20 something.

I hope that helped a little. You know, as a "PLAN B" thing or something.
Fri 09/09/05 at 15:22
Regular
"Shizzel happens"
to be fair the difficulty of Paper Mario 2 is very easy all the way through until the last boss. i remember using that ghost lady for some reason, but i cant remember why. oh yeah she has that move where she can hide mario :O i think thats useful for dodging some powerful attack.
I also found viewtiful joe quite easy after what id heard. it only on the very difficult setting after u get alistair that it gets hard. anyone knoww what the sequel is like?
Fri 09/09/05 at 12:08
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Kids game? Pfft.

I haven't completed it either. I got to the moon base and couldn't be naffed.
Thu 08/09/05 at 21:50
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
I haven't completed it yet. But my memory card wiped and I haven't started it again. I'm excused.
Thu 08/09/05 at 19:01
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Is it not somewhat ironic that you cannot finish a 'kids game'?
Thu 08/09/05 at 00:57
Regular
Car racing games aren't.

Puzzle games aren't.

I could start a list, but you get my point :-).

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.