GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"stupid bloody kids paper game"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 07/09/05 at 23:18
Regular
"Monkey Man"
i cant finish paper mario 2, and its a kids game!!!!
after it does the thing with all the stars and everyone says go mario go, and you have to fight the demon again,
no matter how much i hit the focker, it wont die!!!
does anyone know how to beat it easily??
Mon 26/09/05 at 15:59
Regular
"What's basketball?"
Russ81 wrote:
> i already have, some love it, some hated it.
> Either way, a review matters not it comes down to anybody's own
> opinion really.

Thanks for saving my time. :)
Mon 26/09/05 at 13:30
Regular
"Monkey Man"
i already have, some love it, some hated it.
Either way, a review matters not it comes down to anybody's own opinion really.
Reckon i'm the only person who ever liked thunderhawk 2:firestorm on the saturn, despite it getting complete rubbish reviews
Mon 26/09/05 at 13:27
Regular
"the burning sky"
Russ81 wrote:
> But now, paper mario is to be traded in at gamestation, and I'll move
> on to Star fox assault. It had best be good cos i loved lylat wars,
> and i don't want the precious mmories of how good that was taken away
> by a crap follow-up

I suggest you read some reviews on it then...
Mon 26/09/05 at 13:19
Regular
"Monkey Man"
I've finished it now at last.
ok, I'll admit that it was enjoyable and it did make me unearth the old SNES and play mario all-stars for a bit!

But now, paper mario is to be traded in at gamestation, and I'll move on to Star fox assault. It had best be good cos i loved lylat wars, and i don't want the precious mmories of how good that was taken away by a crap follow-up
Thu 15/09/05 at 21:04
Regular
I really hate it when people say Nintendo's games are for kids.

It's just stupid, rubbish ignorance and takes credit away from what is often art from them.
Wed 14/09/05 at 19:27
Regular
"Divine Davine"
Ah, the Paper Luigi story was very entertaining :D

What I totally loved about Paper Mario 2 is the amazing script. I mean, the game actually made me laugh, and it's just so down to earth - none of that technical crap you tend to get in Baten Kaitos or KOTOR.

Thanks Dring, I'm gonna have to review it now ;)
Wed 14/09/05 at 13:04
Regular
Smashes the original Paper Mario into the ground. The Glitzville was a great story telling level... I really enjoyed the way it was presented.

As I also enjoyed listening to the jokes the crows mate, or the "Paper Luigi" story... or that fantastic desert island level... or doing those helpful chores for the locals... or discovering the secrets of the towns..

Bar that level where you had to keep backtracking... I REALLLLLLY loved the game. More so than Paper Mario... much more so.
Tue 13/09/05 at 18:17
Regular
"Divine Davine"
Dringo wrote:
> I'm thinking of starting the game again... if only for the glitzville
> level.

Yeah, because that wasn't lazily done AT ALL. Fight after fight after fight...

Admittedly, the game was far too easy, but so what if it was this damn good? There was more than enough stuff to keep you involved and the amount of replay value was, surprisingly, pretty high. Didn't really enjoy doing errands for the townsfolk, though.

But with all honesty, it doesn't match to the original Paper Mario game. By all means, it's fantastic, but the level design and puzzles were far better in the original. It had more charm too, and once beaten you couldn't resist to mess about in the town.

Ah. Good days.
Mon 12/09/05 at 21:17
Regular
"What's basketball?"
Dringo wrote:
> Short? Easy, granted... but short?

Most games usually take me ages to beat. This only took me 50-odd hours. That's with Troubles and such sidequests. I got it for my birthday(November 16) and beat it sometime in December, I think. I loved every bit of it! Well... except for the back-tracking in Twilight Town.
Mon 12/09/05 at 19:39
Regular
Short? Easy, granted... but short?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.