GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Why I hate... John Travolta (Shiznit)"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 07/09/05 at 22:17
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
[URL]http://www.theshiznit.co.uk/[/URL]

Is there anyone out there who actually likes watching this guy in a movie? I've never met anyone who's said "yeah, I'm a big John Travolta fan." It's because they don't exist. Yet he's continued to be allowed to make movies and gets paid in the range of $20 million per crappy flick.

And what's more, he thinks owning and flying your own plane is cool, when it's not. It just screams "I'm a big fat numpty who can afford a plane and I have a runway in my back garden and I enjoy reading aeronautical magazines off set".
Wed 07/09/05 at 23:27
Regular
"She's a dog!"
As you are probably gonna reply to Chris's comment, are you a Dogs or Pulp Fiction man??

Edit: And lay off John Travolta...Paul Ross fair enuff... But John Travolta was great in Pulp Fiction, good in Face Off and great in Get Shorty. Okay, he is no Morgan Freeman but he is still a relatively good actor with some good films under his belt.
Wed 07/09/05 at 23:30
"period drama"
It's called "why I hate ... "
Which doesn't rule out things other than his acting, such as his personality, which is probably reason enough for the hate.
Wed 07/09/05 at 23:36
"High polygon count"
Chr1s wrote:
> "He's got a podgy face, he was in Pulp Fiction but he's got a
> podgy face and he flies a plane but he's got a podgy face."

To be honest, from what I've read, that's all the site is - a series of articles stating "why I like/dislike X and Y" - more of a personal blog than a review site.
Wed 07/09/05 at 23:58
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Chr1s wrote:
> *sighs*
>
> Seeing as most of the negative stuff in there is centred around his
> appearance, I chose to take it with a handful of salt.

Did you read the rest of the article? Or, more specifically the line that said "But hey, I’m not so shallow as to just rip into the guy’s unfortunate physical defects – let’s go through his back catalogue and tear the guy a new a-hole." Christ, it's half written in jest - like FFF said, it's an article called Why I Hate..., what did you expect?

Wow, that article was so ill-informed, I really should do more research on John Travolta's face.
Thu 08/09/05 at 00:03
"period drama"
Yeah ... he wasn't born like that, you know, he was defending 20 orphens from an axe-murderer with his hands tied behind his back.
Thu 08/09/05 at 00:10
Regular
"bit of a brain"
I don't really think you can lay into a guy for enjoying flying planes. By your logic I could say I hate you because:

[you] think [writing about films] is cool, when it's not. It just screams "I'm a big fat numpty who can afford a [computer] and I have a [keyboard] in my [house] and I enjoy reading [film] magazines [on the dunny]".

I don't have a problem with John Travolta and I don't see why you could "hate" him because he's been in a couple of stinky films and looks like a rubber glove stretched around a square apple. Otherwise you'd have to hate about 50% of actors, ever. And maybe you do.
Thu 08/09/05 at 00:10
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Maybe all the G-force from flying his big planes made his face stay like that. Big and flat. It looks like if you punched him in the cheek, it'd leave a fist mark there for ages like plasticine, until he re-pummelled himself back to 'normal'.

But hey, let's lay off the guy's physical side. The multi millionaire pilot with his own 5 aircraft shouldn't have to be subjected to this...
*snigger*
Thu 08/09/05 at 00:11
Regular
"bit of a brain"
If you had millions of dollars and enjoyed flying planes wouldn't you do the same as him...? You're just attacking him because he has a hobby you don't share.
Thu 08/09/05 at 00:12
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
gerrid wrote:
> I don't really think you can lay into a guy for enjoying flying
> planes. By your logic I could say I hate you because:
>
> [you] think [writing about films] is cool, when it's not. It just
> screams "I'm a big fat numpty who can afford a [computer] and I
> have a [keyboard] in my [house] and I enjoy reading [film] magazines
> [on the dunny]".

And that would have the same amount of logic as mine. I never said I was right, I just said.

I've met a few people who are into their planes before. They have pictures of airports as their desktop wallpapers and read magazines about wingflaps and drag. You know Travolta is like this.
Thu 08/09/05 at 00:13
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
gerrid wrote:
> You're just attacking him because he has a
> hobby you don't share.

Precisely! See, this guy understands!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.