GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Why I hate... John Travolta (Shiznit)"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 07/09/05 at 22:17
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
[URL]http://www.theshiznit.co.uk/[/URL]

Is there anyone out there who actually likes watching this guy in a movie? I've never met anyone who's said "yeah, I'm a big John Travolta fan." It's because they don't exist. Yet he's continued to be allowed to make movies and gets paid in the range of $20 million per crappy flick.

And what's more, he thinks owning and flying your own plane is cool, when it's not. It just screams "I'm a big fat numpty who can afford a plane and I have a runway in my back garden and I enjoy reading aeronautical magazines off set".
Wed 07/09/05 at 22:17
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
[URL]http://www.theshiznit.co.uk/[/URL]

Is there anyone out there who actually likes watching this guy in a movie? I've never met anyone who's said "yeah, I'm a big John Travolta fan." It's because they don't exist. Yet he's continued to be allowed to make movies and gets paid in the range of $20 million per crappy flick.

And what's more, he thinks owning and flying your own plane is cool, when it's not. It just screams "I'm a big fat numpty who can afford a plane and I have a runway in my back garden and I enjoy reading aeronautical magazines off set".
Wed 07/09/05 at 22:20
Regular
He was good in Swordfish although I'm pretty sure that's it.
Wed 07/09/05 at 22:20
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Women?

EDIT: I have to admit that I quite like Grease - the songs are good and Shooter McGavin is in it. It's also like a documentary of my life.
Wed 07/09/05 at 22:40
"period drama"
I think the JT-hate is pretty much a given.

Although for the line "... Jesus at a push."
<3
Wed 07/09/05 at 22:43
Regular
He was decent enough in Pulp Fiction too.

He is a spiritualist, which instantly makes his a tw"t, however.

Same as Tom Cruise.
Wed 07/09/05 at 22:49
Regular
"bot"
Scientologist.
Wed 07/09/05 at 22:50
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
I watched him stand out the roof of a TVR in Swordfish firing two guns, one in each hand, and thought "Yeah, if you did that in real life your big jelly arms would probably have given way and you would have shot yourself you big ball of yeast."
Wed 07/09/05 at 22:50
Regular
Memorandum! wrote:
> Scientologist.

That's the one :D.
Wed 07/09/05 at 23:12
Regular
For some reason, I'm finding him sexier in his mature years..opposed to his performances in the 70's. And, I definitely think he's sexy in uniform, as in The General's Daughter or even Ladder 49. But, he's most sexy when he plays the evil villan, like in Face Off. John's simply intriguing in how versatile of an actor he is AND he can still shake his ass..so he scores kudo's for that. AND he's a pilot?? Oh my.. Tilt!

I think he's hot..kinda has a Grix Thraves look about him. Sexy. :)~
Wed 07/09/05 at 23:13
Regular
"The definitive tag"
*sighs*

Seeing as most of the negative stuff in there is centred around his appearance, I chose to take it with a handful of salt.

John Travolta is in fact, a very very good actor. He was flawless in Pulp Fiction and no, I don't think anyone else could have pulled it off as well as he did.

"Get Shorty isn't as good as you remember it"

Well that's up to the viewer, personally I think it's a fantastic movie that loses no quality or credibility with repeated viewings. His performance in it really was excellent.

Oh yeah, and that was the least thought out and ill-informed piece of crap ever to come out of Shiznit.

"He's got a podgy face, he was in Pulp Fiction but he's got a podgy face and he flies a plane but he's got a podgy face."

That's honestly what it felt like to read.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.