GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Pro Evo Soccer 4"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Pro Evolution Soccer 4'.
Tue 12/10/04 at 13:01
Regular
"The Expert"
OPS2 Says, PES4 is the god of all football games and i think thats true real Players, Real names, Real teams, Real referee's, Real stadiums say what do you think it's the greatest football game i ever played 10/10 and the only, Bad thing is not compatible online.
Page:
Mon 18/10/04 at 23:37
Regular
Pro Evo wrote:
Think it was a good idea being able to change 3 players from
> the default squad before it starts.

?!?! damn, i never knew you could do that!

Into my 3rd season now anyway as Roma, got promoted in the 2nd. Played first two seasons on 6 star but now playing it on 4 star in the top league to get the hang of it better.

So far have Chilavert, Mejia, Ferrara, Nakata, Zola, Rommedahl, Duff, Chevanton, Kezman, Maradona, Muhren, and Laudrup.

Interesting idea with the stats of alot of players increasing with each game, but not quite sure if they've got it right.
Mon 18/10/04 at 23:30
Regular
"360: swfcman"
Finally got the game today, and jumped straight into Master League. Created my own team, Sheff Wed, obviously, and have Larsson in my team. Think it was a good idea being able to change 3 players from the default squad before it starts. I took 3 players out, got Larsson and a decent winger.

Having had WE8 i knew what to expect on the whole, but from what i can tell, PES4 seems to play better, little things have been improved. Doesnt change the game on a grand scale, but still.

All in all, its great.
Mon 18/10/04 at 15:50
Regular
"Stridman in disguis"
I should be able to get MAX DRIVE sometime this week, when I do i'll be so happy!

BTW, it's very hard with your own team isn't it, they run like they've got a camel tied to their backs.
Mon 18/10/04 at 15:23
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Anyone unlocked all the stuff from the PES shop? Some of the custom hairstyles are quality, monkey on the guys head etc.

Downloaded an update and just quit my masterleague and started again with my own created squad with decent strips etc. Really enjoying the improvements here.
Sat 16/10/04 at 18:59
Regular
"The Expert"
its sad its not netplay.
Sat 16/10/04 at 14:49
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Is it me, or are the goalies crap?

They never dive.

Stupid goalies...
Sat 16/10/04 at 13:43
Regular
"The Expert"
On gamestation is coming out says pre-order comes, 15 november.
Fri 15/10/04 at 19:50
Regular
Played it today, kicked my master-Pro-Evo-boy-brother's ass (well, won on penalties ;-)). Either way, I won, which is all that matters. So I love it. :-D

Can't wait for the XBox version, mind.
Fri 15/10/04 at 16:55
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Thought I'd post a trick list for those new to the game and also for those who didn't know about the new tricks added to the game. Took a few of them from the various pro evo sites around - Hope some of you find it helpful.

Dribbling

Slow close control dribble: Hold L1 to perform this dribble technique, good for tight situations.

Medium dribble: Hold R2 to perform a quicker dribble

Sprint: Hold R1 to sprint with the ball, makes it easier of opponent to tackle you though.

Full Sprint: When performing the sprint dribble if you double tap the direction you are running your player will knock the ball ahead to run onto, can also do this while turning, hold R1 and press the direction you wish to run and press R2 as you turn to knock the ball on for you to run onto.

Skills

Lollipop: Double tap L1 while dribbling to perform a whole load of step overs.

single Step Over: Tapping R2 while dribbling will perform a single step over.

Shimmy: While dribbling with R2 press the direction to the side which will take you at right angles to the way you are running.

Carlos style 'Roll Back': While you perform the shimmy press the direction directly behind the player, your player will then put his foot on the ball and begin rolling it backwards under their foot.

Zidane 360 spin: Rotate the right analouge stick 360 degrees to perform the spin, player has to be good at dribbling to perform this well!

Dummy Shot: When shooting press square and then press X quickly after or while you are still holding square to perform the dummy shot, usually lets you trick defenders to get a bit more room for a shot in.

Flick up: Flick the right analouge stick down then up to perform a flick, can be useful if you learn how to lift it over a defender and run onto it.

Dummy Cross: Run down the wing using R2 and when you wish to perform the dummy cross let go of the direction you are pressing but continue to hold R2. The player will pretend to cross but dummy and stop and face the defender, allows you to get more room to cross or to continue your run.

Stop and Go: Release the direction you are running and tap or hold down R2, your player will stop dead.

Feint: hold R2 to stop the ball and then tap either up or down, your player will feint one way and put the defender off balance.

Put ball into space: while standing still tap L1 and R1 together quickly to knock the ball away from your feet and into space ready for a shot.

Shooting

Chip Shot: Hold L1 and press square to shot to try and loft the ball over the keeper into the goal.

Shallow Chip: Press R1 after pressing shoot and the ball will dink rather than going high into the air.

Other things to Note

Through ball: Triangle will play a through ball along the ground to a player in space or into an attacking position. Holding L1 as you press triangle will play a through ball through the air, perfect for playing the ball over defenders for strikers to run onto.

One-Two: A grounded one two is performed by pressing L1+ cross and then triangle to return the ball. A high one two is performed by pressing L1+cross and then cross to return the ball.
Fri 15/10/04 at 11:54
Regular
Just got it this morning.

From first impressions i prefer PES3.

But i thought the same when first got PES3, so i'll give it a bit more time.
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.