GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Pro Evo Soccer 4"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Pro Evolution Soccer 4'.
Tue 12/10/04 at 13:01
Regular
"The Expert"
OPS2 Says, PES4 is the god of all football games and i think thats true real Players, Real names, Real teams, Real referee's, Real stadiums say what do you think it's the greatest football game i ever played 10/10 and the only, Bad thing is not compatible online.
Page:
Sat 23/10/04 at 14:56
PES4 is easier to attack, but harder to defend, as when you play against excellent dribbling players, you tend to get completely screwed, as when dribbling it's easier to change direction.

Anyone noticed that 3 to 6 star levels are almost the same? I can lose to Chelsea on 3 star but destroy Classic England on 6 star.

Best players on the game - Maradona, Hugo Sanchez, Owen, Di Stefano, Garrincha, Finney, Vogts, and Krol.

There are probably others but I just can't play against these players, while I beat Classic Brazil every time (with all the good players in the starting eleven.) Classic Argentina is almost impossible, and in my Master League Liverpool got through the last seasdon unbeaten.
Sat 23/10/04 at 14:31
Regular
"Bicycle"
I need help... I'm sh*te at PES3... 4 doesn't arrive 'til Monday.
Sat 23/10/04 at 12:15
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
I miss my Japanese commentators from WE8.

Aiiiiiii
Sat 23/10/04 at 12:10
Regular
"360: swfcman"
Good to see the commentators are as good as ever...

This time though they seem to be getting facts wrong, and are even sarcastic!

Towards the end of my last season, i was 3rd, and was playing the team in 2nd, and apparently it was a "Must win game, defeat means relegation!" Sorry Mr Brooking, your slightly wrong there.

And also, the other team had a tame shot from 20 yards, it pea-roled to the keepers arms slower than a granny in her mobility buggy, and he picked it up, and it was dubbed as a "World class save from the keeper there, they just dont know how to beat him!"

It is funny...but still...bring in Andy Gray!
Fri 22/10/04 at 23:47
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
It will if companies design their games with that in mind. However, it has been created for the PES series.
Fri 22/10/04 at 23:25
Regular
"Hot Gun On Ma Waist"
will the max drive thing work for other games aswell...???
Fri 22/10/04 at 23:12
Was there even an option in the other games? I never noticed it.

When they retire, after a random time period you can pick them up for frees at the age of 17 with massively improved physical stats.

They all retire at different ages though, so it's unlikely your whole team will retire leaving you with no players at all. And you usually get warned mid season so you can pick up replacements in the January transfer window.
Fri 22/10/04 at 23:10
Regular
"The Red Shift"
Got the game this morning.

All I can say is:

Is this Deja vu?

It's almost extraordinarily similar to how I felt when I got PES3. They've done a bit more than tweeked it. But you can tell its PES.

I love the ability to pick celebration type, freekick style, increased cups and leagues, sponsorship, player likenesses, transfered players, player touches and fluidity of movement.

Ya see they're not huge changes and nothing more than what you'd hope for, but the add up to make a different game.

It's too easy to dribble now, with players taking 20 touches in the time they used to take 5, which is a shame. Cos the one aspect of my game which sucked was dribbling, so it forced me to use my quality passing and shooting and crossing. I'm afraid I'll get sucked into FIFA mentality...

Basically I can't judge the game straight away in that much depth, but so far it's merited me forking over a couple of notes for it.

On another note.

You're all pathetically sad. Downloading a file to get all the names right, disgusting. PES games have an extra long life factor of using football knowledge to get the names and stuff right.

You make me sick.

:D
Fri 22/10/04 at 23:04
Regular
"360: swfcman"
Busy playing through the Master League, really like it, all but one thing. The players are ageing im sure through each season, on the previous games i turned this off so my team would never age and always be superb. Now i cant see to turn it off, does it even have the option? Whats going to happen when i have played through 15 seasons? I dont want my best players to retire!
Fri 22/10/04 at 21:46
Oh right.

Know that Spanish SMF called Jelimi, could it be Francisco Gento?
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.