GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The complete history of UKchatforums.com"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 01/09/05 at 18:19
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
I often think about the history of these forums, and how things used to be. That's not to say they've declined in quality over the years, but as with most things, you keep them going long enough and you'll find people complaining that things ain't what they used to be.

Anyway, I got to remembering some of the good times while bored at work today (a regular occurence) and yeah, it might be a bit sad, but some of the memories really did make me smile. UKchatforums.com must be my most visited website ever (still my homepage) and despite it just being a collection of poorly-designed .gif images and text-speak, sometimes it genuinely manages to make me laugh out loud (LOL).

So... in the spirit of one of my Shiznit lists, I want your top UKchatforums.com moments of all time, from throughout history - it can be favourite users, brilliant moments of realisation or just your favourite threads. I'll get us kicked off with a few memories that brightened up my day.

THE BELLDANDY SAGA - I've never had so much fun berating someone over the internet as I did with Belldandy. Probably still floating around somewhere under a newly mysterious (very probably Manga-related) username, Belldandy was NEVER WRONG. Even if he was, he wasn't. And if he really was, then he'd run away and not come out to play, until the next time he was wrong. It came close to bullying at a few points (I used to get his emails) but it was coming from both sides: Goaty, Light, Pandy, myself and others (all anti-war and common sense) versus the one man righteous army of Belldandy.

The Belldandy saga reached a hilarious conclusion, when on one of his many mysterious reappearances under another nick (HALO Fan), he was sussed by the lot of us and nevertheless proceeded to dispute it for several months, despite have all the curt mannerisms and blind flag-wankery that good old Bell had. It stopped being fun when we finally saw a picture of him on Special Observe, then realised our physical name calling was disturbingly prophetic.

There have been others, but none as more fun to bait as Belldandy.
Page:
Mon 05/09/05 at 14:01
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
I've had quite a varied life on this place. Joined possibly as long as 5 years ago, under the name "Mr_sven". Didn't do much for a few months, just insulted people, then started a new profile as monkey_man and really hit the boards. Only came here because Snuggly (if you don't know this, we're buddys in the real world) recommended it as a fun escape from work, and I've found bugs, trixed users, been banned, had warnings and been made a Notable twice.
Mon 05/09/05 at 13:31
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
When you arrived, the GAD system had changed so I was being given an email of possible winners by Joe, Brad and the other little monkeys down in the Sales department. Your name was on there most days, you busy little caterpillar. It was only natural you'd win a few times. If I had any sense, I would have joined forces with you and blagged myself a free game, but I never did. At least, not to my recollection.

Just like a samurai, me.
Mon 05/09/05 at 13:25
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Mr Snuggly wrote:
> I'm sure Loki wouldn't like me to tell the story of how he bullied me
> into awarding him a Gameaday prize, would you Loki? I'm still bummed
> that after about 4 years in charge of GAD, I never once cadged a free
> game. Bah, damn my honour and loyalty.

Yeah, but...*ahem*
Mon 05/09/05 at 13:23
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
I remember once Grix won a GAD, and he'd read a post by me on the forums saying I was tired or something, so he sent his claim email in and said that I could claim the game instead of him. Naturally I declined.

What a nice fellow.

I'm sure Loki wouldn't like me to tell the story of how he bullied me into awarding him a Gameaday prize, would you Loki? I'm still bummed that after about 4 years in charge of GAD, I never once cadged a free game. Bah, damn my honour and loyalty.
Mon 05/09/05 at 12:23
"period drama"
I kinda regret ending all my GAD claims with 'hugs and kisses' after hearing Snuggly's stalker story.
Mon 05/09/05 at 12:19
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Heh Snuggly.
Do you remember when I first won GAD and sent you about five e-mails?

I was like CrossBob.
Mon 05/09/05 at 12:05
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
The early Grix was a legend.

I don't know where or how he is now, but he was a smashing lad.

The old days of Ant, er-no, Sniper, FM, Meka, Grix and all were quality...

I remember the stories, the space one... the western... all so much fun.

The sign of an exceptional forum member was that they'd write very few reviews but still own Gameaday with their forum posts....

Meka, Grix, FM... they're probably the 3 greats. I miss FM, that guy was a legend... I've seen him around the Sony Forum now and again, I think.

But yeah. Things aren't as good as they used to be... but still, there's a lot of decent people here.
Mon 05/09/05 at 11:08
Regular
Vice City is awesome,
a novel game by far,
and the graphics and features
are uncontested by any.

Haha, classic. I'd be truely ashamed if I had attempted to win that day.
Mon 05/09/05 at 11:04
Regular
OK, so my review that day wasn't that great, but it was better than THIS:

[URL]http://specialreserve.co.uk/reviews/customer.php?index=1029527158&page=28[/URL]
Mon 05/09/05 at 10:58
Regular
That could explain why teh crappiest crappiest crappiest crap "poem" (Bad writing with the return button psuhed in the middle of the sentences) about GTA- Vice City got a GAD over my SUPER-AWESOME amazing review on something else.
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.