GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"If you watch Futurama..........."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 29/08/05 at 00:56
Regular
"topgamer above all"
I think that Futurama is so funny and futuristic.Post what you think of Futurama.
Tue 30/08/05 at 17:44
Regular
For a reason why (to Walrus) Farnsworth is funny see Cweeks' first quote below (I mean ... Rai)
Wed 31/08/05 at 02:36
Regular
"It's so,so cold"
Farnsworth occasionally causes me to smile but never to 'laugh out loud'.I hate that phrase.Farnsworth doesn't make me laugh because I don't find him funny in the same way Grandpa Simpson only occasionally makes me laugh.
Wed 31/08/05 at 02:41
Regular
"8==="
Rai wrote:
> tnc wrote:
> Bender is Bart
> Fry is Homer
>
> I would have swapped those round, personally.

I'd say both Fry and Bender draw elements of their characters from both Homer and Bart.

They are both a mixture of the two.
Wed 31/08/05 at 19:13
Regular
Walrus wrote:
> Farnsworth occasionally causes me to smile but never to 'laugh out
> loud'.I hate that phrase.Farnsworth doesn't make me laugh because I
> don't find him funny in the same way Grandpa Simpson only
> occasionally makes me laugh.

Grampa Simpson still isn't as funny as Farnsworth though. I agree that the laughs aren't exactly constant and hard with either of the two, but then they don't get that much screen time each

To be fair, though, Grampa Simpson isn't as much of a main character as Farnsworth (he doesn't appear in as many episodes and doesn't live with the family) so hasn't had as much "oppurtunity to shine"

They still add to their respective programmes and cause occassional laughs. Farnsworth also does a lot of joke "setups" for other characters
Wed 31/08/05 at 20:28
"period drama"
Fry and Bender are both lazy, stupid bachelor-lad-types.
So is Homer, but with less bachelor, and more struggling father.

Hardly genre-defying conventions before we even get started.
Wed 31/08/05 at 20:29
"period drama"
Convention-defying genres.
Types.

Whatever.
Wed 31/08/05 at 20:39
Regular
So, FluFFy, are you "into" Futurama and The Simpsons or were you just furthering the discussion about Fry and Bender?
Sun 04/09/05 at 18:49
Regular
"Bad Wolf; England"
I do.
Sun 04/09/05 at 20:56
Regular
"In Soviet Russia..."
You have to rememember that Farnsworth is at least double the age of Grandpa.

"If anyone wants me, I'll be in the angry dome!"
Sun 04/09/05 at 21:21
Regular
Arrgghh why are people 'analysing' Futurama and the Simpsons?
Lighten up, they're meant to be fun.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.