GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"If you watch Futurama..........."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 29/08/05 at 00:56
Regular
"topgamer above all"
I think that Futurama is so funny and futuristic.Post what you think of Futurama.
Mon 29/08/05 at 18:49
Regular
Futurama does have some other memorable characters you neglected to mention;

Fry : Like Homer he is stupidity personified. Some of his various comments and actions are genius, because his stupidity is overplayed more than Homers' and is obvious.

He is the typical 20th Century "couch potato" and I'm sure I could make many more references to Homer

Dr Farnsworth : The senility reaches one of Futuramas' comedy apexes, with some genuinely sidesplitting comments

He is every bit Grampa Simpson, although older and slightly more "slow", again he adds his own unique brand of comedy

Brannigan : The macho hero image and blatant homosexuality is somehow very amusing, again combined with his lack of intelligence. Coupling with Kiff and Leela releases some of the best comedy from all three of them

I admit that Futurama doesn't have quite the repetoire of the Simpsons, where the Simpsons was running so long it used the same means as Futurama (adding little bits of storyline) about each character so eventually they have been built up and given catch-phrases

The problem with Futurama lies in that it only ran for 4 Seasons, meaning many characters had occassional appearances but lacked depth and simply weren't remembered in the same way

Another problem seems to be that many characters can be paralleled between Futurama and The Simpsons;
Bender is Bart
Fry is Homer
Leela is Marge
Farnsworth is Grampa
Kiph is Smithers
(Less obvious)Hermes is Lisa

It does still retain memorable characters, with Bender being perhaps the most famous and introduce other and unique characters such as Dr Zoidberg

Overall I prefer The Simpsons but the points still have to be made
Mon 29/08/05 at 20:47
Regular
"In Soviet Russia..."
tnc wrote:
> Bender is Bart
> Fry is Homer

I would have swapped those round, personally.

Having seen them paired up in a comic, I've noticed some more similarites.

Having seen the Simpsons more, I'm starting to prefer Futurama and Family Guy. Plus I have all the episodes on DVD of both, with the exception of Season One of Futurama.

Aw, heck, I just love 'em all!
Mon 29/08/05 at 20:53
Regular
Excuse me?!

Bender is the guy who's always in trouble
Fry is the couch potato fool who doesn't understand anything

From that I can only assume you have Bart and Homer confused
Mon 29/08/05 at 23:20
Regular
"It's so,so cold"
I don't find Farnsworth even remotely funny tnc but Brannigan and Fry are admittedly funny characters.
Mon 29/08/05 at 23:24
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Futurama is genius, and I can't wait for the movie.

End.
Tue 30/08/05 at 00:32
Regular
"She's a dog!"
But I am already in my pyjamas.....
Tue 30/08/05 at 08:32
Regular
tnc wrote:
> Bender is Bart
> Fry is Homer

I think Bender is more like Homer and Cubert is more like Bart.
Tue 30/08/05 at 11:53
Regular
"In Soviet Russia..."
Yeah, Bender and Homer are both extreme alcoholics. Fry and Bart also have things in common.

Grr... if anyone wants me, I'll be in the angry dome!
Tue 30/08/05 at 12:18
Regular
"with a blunt knife"
"I think you could make a metaphorical deal with the Devil, and by the Devil I mean Robot Devil, and by metaphorical I mean, get your coat!"
Tue 30/08/05 at 16:09
Regular
"In Soviet Russia..."
"Everyone, I have a very dramatic announcement, so anyone with a weak heart should leave now. Goodbye!"

"You're watching Futurama, the show that doesn't condone the cool crime of robbery."

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.