GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Words women use"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 24/08/05 at 16:09
"High polygon count"
FINE
This is the word women use to end an argument when they are right and you need to shut up.

FIVE MINUTES
If she is getting dressed, this is half an hour. Five minutes is only five minutes if you have just been given 5 more minutes to watch the game before helping around the house.

NOTHING
This is the calm before the storm. This means "something," and you should be on your toes. Arguments that begin with 'Nothing' usually end in "Fine"

GO AHEAD
This is a dare, not permission. Don't do it.

LOUD SIGH
This is not actually a word, but is a non-verbal statement often misunderstood by men. A "Loud Sigh" means she thinks you are an idiot and wonders why she is wasting her time standing here and arguing with you over "Nothing"

THAT'S OKAY
This is one of the most dangerous statements that a woman can make to a man. "That's Okay" means that she wants to think long and hard before deciding how and when you will pay for your mistake.

THANKS
A woman is thanking you. Do not question it or faint. Just say you're welcome.

WHATEVER
It's a woman's way of saying *!#@ YOU!

Send this to the men you know to warn them about future arguments they can avoid if they remember the terminology!

Feel free to add your own - I'm sure we all have different experiences.
Wed 24/08/05 at 16:34
Regular
I heard men use those those words aswell.
Wed 24/08/05 at 16:31
Regular
"www.bloodbanx.com"
It's me / I've changed

Translates to - You've been a complete ar@* and this is a polite way of saying change or I'm going

I don't know

Translates to - I know what I want, I'm just going to make it difficult for you by making you think and judge what I want. Often used by women that are either being polite, or want to see if you care about them.
Wed 24/08/05 at 16:29
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
gerrid wrote:
> "I need to tell you how to behave so I can control you again."

Hahaha .. just spat my coffee over my screen at that :D
Wed 24/08/05 at 16:20
Regular
"bit of a brain"
RELATIONSHIP

Mostly used in the sentence "we need to talk about our relationship".

Translation - "You're becoming too independant. I need to tell you how to behave so I can control you again."

A relationship isn't something tangible that you can hold, therefore, like an emotion, it desn't actually exist. Whenever a woman talks about your "relationship", tune out, nod every so often in agreement and think about cars.
Wed 24/08/05 at 16:15
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
I'll second that :)

I've managed to have a "Go Ahead" - "That's OK" in one sentence before, as you can probably guess a massive arguement shortly followed. :(

If I'd just have read that beforehand, I'd have known just to walk out the door and down the pub with a "Whatever" being thrown back at her :)
Wed 24/08/05 at 16:13
Regular
"In Soviet Russia..."
Bang on.
Wed 24/08/05 at 16:11
Regular
"SOUP!"
So true.
Wed 24/08/05 at 16:09
"High polygon count"
FINE
This is the word women use to end an argument when they are right and you need to shut up.

FIVE MINUTES
If she is getting dressed, this is half an hour. Five minutes is only five minutes if you have just been given 5 more minutes to watch the game before helping around the house.

NOTHING
This is the calm before the storm. This means "something," and you should be on your toes. Arguments that begin with 'Nothing' usually end in "Fine"

GO AHEAD
This is a dare, not permission. Don't do it.

LOUD SIGH
This is not actually a word, but is a non-verbal statement often misunderstood by men. A "Loud Sigh" means she thinks you are an idiot and wonders why she is wasting her time standing here and arguing with you over "Nothing"

THAT'S OKAY
This is one of the most dangerous statements that a woman can make to a man. "That's Okay" means that she wants to think long and hard before deciding how and when you will pay for your mistake.

THANKS
A woman is thanking you. Do not question it or faint. Just say you're welcome.

WHATEVER
It's a woman's way of saying *!#@ YOU!

Send this to the men you know to warn them about future arguments they can avoid if they remember the terminology!

Feel free to add your own - I'm sure we all have different experiences.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.