GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Words women use"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 24/08/05 at 16:09
"High polygon count"
FINE
This is the word women use to end an argument when they are right and you need to shut up.

FIVE MINUTES
If she is getting dressed, this is half an hour. Five minutes is only five minutes if you have just been given 5 more minutes to watch the game before helping around the house.

NOTHING
This is the calm before the storm. This means "something," and you should be on your toes. Arguments that begin with 'Nothing' usually end in "Fine"

GO AHEAD
This is a dare, not permission. Don't do it.

LOUD SIGH
This is not actually a word, but is a non-verbal statement often misunderstood by men. A "Loud Sigh" means she thinks you are an idiot and wonders why she is wasting her time standing here and arguing with you over "Nothing"

THAT'S OKAY
This is one of the most dangerous statements that a woman can make to a man. "That's Okay" means that she wants to think long and hard before deciding how and when you will pay for your mistake.

THANKS
A woman is thanking you. Do not question it or faint. Just say you're welcome.

WHATEVER
It's a woman's way of saying *!#@ YOU!

Send this to the men you know to warn them about future arguments they can avoid if they remember the terminology!

Feel free to add your own - I'm sure we all have different experiences.
Wed 24/08/05 at 20:28
Regular
"Previously Vampyr"
Very_Metal wrote:
> i've also heard them say "no".
>
>
> doesn't stop me though.

:s
Wed 24/08/05 at 19:12
Regular
"Gamertag = Chavex"
They always think that males are thick (maybe they're right) and use this to their advantage, for example, they try to flatter you into thinking that you can do somthing you dont want to. Somthing my sisters dont want to do; they look at me and say "your the male", and the fustrating thing is, is that they always do get their way, mostly!!
Wed 24/08/05 at 17:52
Regular
"you've got a beard"
i've also heard them say "no".

doesn't stop me though.
Wed 24/08/05 at 17:49
Regular
"Get It?Got It?Good!"
I just answered the phone and it was my brother...he is constantly arguing with my mum and i have to be the middle man in their arguments by telling him what she said and telling her what he says because she wont speak to him.

He says "can i come indoors"
My mum shrugs and says "Whatever"

Now every time that she says that and he comes in I get the blame because she says "Why did you tell him he could come in?!?!"

Grrrrr

Women!
Wed 24/08/05 at 17:28
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
Two simple words I've been told by my very recent Father In-Law

"Yes Dear"

Seem to work wonders, he's been married for almost 30 years :)
Wed 24/08/05 at 17:28
Regular
"Remember me?"
SHEEPY wrote:
> Damn women folk.

Makes you wish you were gay.
Wed 24/08/05 at 17:01
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I usually just say nothing, it tends to work.

Damn women folk.
Wed 24/08/05 at 16:47
Regular
"www.bloodbanx.com"
SHEEPY wrote:
> You can't reply apart from saying 'Fine' harsher and louder which
> will probably make her cry.

I've found saying "Fine" back in a quiter confused way as if your asking her, makes them feel guilty.
Wed 24/08/05 at 16:46
"period drama"
What do you think?

Definitely not the simple question it appears. Best way to answer it is to just repeat whatever she thinks. Although if she hasn't said, never, ever guess - you'll always be wrong.

Other bad answer you thought would be okay - "I'm sure you know best" will always be taken sarcastically; "I think you look beautiful" / "I think I love you" will usually provoke a 'loud sigh' and the seemingly-innocent "I don't know" will explode into an argument about you never thinking / never understanding / never caring about anything.

Basically, unless you can agree with her, you're screwed.
Wed 24/08/05 at 16:34
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I've seen it before but it is really all true.

'Fine' always comes with a really harsh tone though.

You can't reply apart from saying 'Fine' harsher and louder which will probably make her cry.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.