GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Right, BF2"

The "PC Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 20/08/05 at 13:17
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Considering getting this one, have a couple of questions first to ease my troubled mind.

Is it subscription based, like WoW?
Have they sorted out out that awful unwieldy menu system?
Does Xfire work with it yet?

Cheers
Sat 20/08/05 at 17:29
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
*slow clap*
Thanks Demo-Boy
Sat 20/08/05 at 17:37
Goatboy wrote:
> Oh shut up with the asinine comments, they're not amusing in the
> slightest.

Sat 20/08/05 at 18:18
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
I ask a few simple questions and shitwits insist on not answering with the exception of a couple of people.
Sat 20/08/05 at 18:22
Regular
"8==="
Tiltawhirl speaks the truth.
Sat 20/08/05 at 18:32
Regular
"A man with a stick"
If you continue to get problems with the game, try downloading the latest redeon drivers from ATi, it seems to fix some of the problems the radeon cards had with the game, and in fact seemed to have fixed the problems I've been having for the past few weeks.
Sat 20/08/05 at 18:34
If your sound is still doing the stuttery thing, go to audio and change it from hardware to software.
or vice versa, I forget
Sat 20/08/05 at 18:52
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Out of interest, what settings are you people playing it on?
I'm running a 2.4ghz, 1gig ram 9800 Pro card and it's laggy as I've never experienced.
It can blast through Far Cry with setting on ultra-high, WoW on highest, Doom on high.
Yet this thing lags like a monster. Even though my ping is 20-30, it's pause-pause-move-pause with settings on medium except textures high, effects high, lighting high.

Any suggestions as to how to improve, because this is goddamn unplayable like this.
Sat 20/08/05 at 18:55
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
cipro wrote:
> If you continue to get problems with the game, try downloading the
> latest redeon drivers from ATi, it seems to fix some of the problems
> the radeon cards had with the game, and in fact seemed to have fixed
> the problems I've been having for the past few weeks.
-------

5.8?
Yup, installed them before the game.
I've not experienced juddery lag like this since dialup days, on a 32player map.
Sat 20/08/05 at 19:08
Regular
Do you get a thing where when you run or walk, your character will jitter around like a crippled breakdancer?

If so, I can only think that it's because your fps is too low. I'm curious, do you use the dynamic lighting, and the other dynamic thing, can't remember what it is though. I'd turn them off if you do, or at least to low. They don't seem to make much difference and they cripple you like nothing else, especially on a shader limited card like a 9800.

Edit: but i might be talking horsecrap
Sat 20/08/05 at 19:53
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Goatboy wrote:
> textures
> high, effects high, lighting high.

Sounds like you're trying to squeeze your system too tight. Turn them all off or to low,and things should improve. Told you it was your 9800!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.