GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Right, BF2"

The "PC Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 20/08/05 at 13:17
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Considering getting this one, have a couple of questions first to ease my troubled mind.

Is it subscription based, like WoW?
Have they sorted out out that awful unwieldy menu system?
Does Xfire work with it yet?

Cheers
Sat 20/08/05 at 15:31
Regular
"bit of a brain"
It'll be your 9800Pro. I'm afraid you're going to have to get a new graphics card. I suggest an Nvidia 7800GTX. But for that you'll need a new mobo with PCI-E, and a new processor in socket 939. You should probably get some new RAM and a new keyboard and dual monitors so you can surf the internet and play BF2 at the same time. Also I think you'll need a shrine to EA, liquid cooled of course, in order for your graphics card to be compatible with the game.
Total Price : 1 soul
Sat 20/08/05 at 15:38
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Nope, supports 9800 Pro.
Wont install patch though, "cannot find install folder".
Possibly because it crashed when registering with EA?
And NO I DONT WANT GAMESPY ARCADE, STOP ASKING ME

I foree a swift return to the shop for this

**edit**
How many patches are there for this?
I'm re-downloading v_102.exe but can't seem to see a v1?
Sat 20/08/05 at 15:44
Regular
Damarus wrote:

> And for the life of me, I can't understand the argument about people
> on different hardware setups. As long as you're game runs smoothly
> there is no difference other than one has flashier graphics. The only
> thing that really gives the player the edge, if any, is surround
> sound. However, this applies to both 360 and PC.

Well for a start people running with better graphics will have better draw distances than the others. You only have to look at the screenshots Monkey Man has posted to work that one out.

Anyway, I'm not looking to get into a PC VS Console argument though. We'll just be retreading old ground that has been covered a million times before and still there will be no true winner or any point to the discussion. I'm just saying there's no reason why the 360 version won't be as good as the PC version.

Controls aren't a valid reason because everyone prefers different styles. Myself I'd rather shove a hot poker up my japseye than play with a keyboard and mouse.
Sat 20/08/05 at 15:45
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Nope, won't even let me uninstall it now.
*hits regclean*

Back to the shop for you shoddy EA product.
Sat 20/08/05 at 15:46
Just...reinstall it

!?!?
Sat 20/08/05 at 15:56
Regular
"bit of a brain"
No! It won't install! It's giving him too many problems. Back to the shop! I still say it's your 9800 pro and you need that water coold shrine.
Sat 20/08/05 at 15:56
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
It won't let me uninstall, error message comes up and control panel/remove programmes won't work either.
But regclean wiped nuked it.

I'll try to reinstall, restart and apply patch.
If it don't work, then it's Top Spin for me.

**patching,please wait...**
For the past 3mins now. Fag time and we'll see if EA stays on my PC.
It took less time to install and validate Half-Life2 via dialup.

**edit**
Right, seems to have updated. Let's see what the single-player is like so I can get a feel for it again after weeks of not playing the demo.
I don't have, nor will purchase, a headset mic though
Sat 20/08/05 at 16:20
Regular
"bit of a brain"
If you have a mic you can just use that and some headphones.

But you'll need to water cool them.
Sat 20/08/05 at 16:56
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Oh shut up with the asinine comments, they're not amusing in the slightest.

Right, before I go online is there any way to alter your appearance as with most online games? Facial features etc?
Tried the singleplayer and it lagged something fierce on a map, so I had the wonderful effect of "T-t-t-e-e-e-a-a-a-m-m-m f-f-f-fa-a-a-a-l-l-l-l b-b-b-a-a-a-c-c-c-k-k-k-k", hope it doesnt do that online
Sat 20/08/05 at 17:14
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
I think you can black him up, but nothing comic like hotpants. It's not Battlefield Gay.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.