GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"A-Level and AS Level Results"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 17/08/05 at 23:54
Regular
"Previously Vampyr"
Hope it goes well for everyone

*gets nervous*
Thu 18/08/05 at 21:29
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Yeah but what?
Whether I think degrees are relevant to life is neither here nor there, but I'm perplexed as to why maths?
Some I can understand like business or economics because some people want to wear a suit and do that forever. Fair play to them.
But maths...unless they want to be maths teachers?
Thu 18/08/05 at 21:27
Regular
"bot"
I'd imagine they go into some kind of scientific research or something.
Thu 18/08/05 at 21:26
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Well done to all that did well, and commiserations to those that didn't & couldn't face posting their results.

I do have a question, with absolutely no sarcasm intended - I'm genuinely interested:
What is the point in taking a degree in Maths?

Now don't go getting all defensive, it's a question I've never been able to answer. What do you hope to do in life that requires a degree in mathmatics?
Thu 18/08/05 at 20:22
Regular
"bit of a brain"
lcarus wrote:
> i
> finally got a place thru clearing at university of Lampeter wooohooo

Wow congratulations on getting into Lampeter! What course are you taking?! Lamp eating? I heard they're the best post '92 London University behind Oxbridge and York and Bath Spa and De Montfort and the University of East Stryke!
Thu 18/08/05 at 20:22
Seriously, don;t fret about it.

[S][S][S][S][S][S][S][S]Never knew it was possible to get a C in Media. Ah well *Turns on TV*[/S][/S][/S][/S][/S][/S][/S][/S]
Thu 18/08/05 at 20:11
Regular
"Get It?Got It?Good!"
I got my results today and they were:

Business - C
ICT - C
Media - C
Law - B

Something that has annoyed me though is with the ICT results they show what you got in each test and then they show an overall grade which it says was a C.

Looking at the test scores it says that on one of the tests i didnt do, although i definately did it and got a B. The teacher put me in for the retake but said i didnt have to do it so i didnt because i knew i wouldnt get any better. Now my results have come back and they have said that i didnt do the test. Before the exams the teacher said if i get the same as i got in the January exam then i would get an A. I couldnt have done that badly that i went down to a C so i am pretty sure that they totally missed out the scores on one of my exams and thats winding me up a bit so i gotta sort that out when i go back!
Thu 18/08/05 at 20:08
Yeah, because we deserve it!!!
Thu 18/08/05 at 20:06
Regular
Ah well, all is over now.

Time to receive generous gifts from the parents for "getting good results".
Thu 18/08/05 at 19:59
I CAN'T BELEIVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! today was one of the most trormatic days of my life!!!!

It started off great, i went into the college hall where all the ppl and stuff were getting there results. Freinds were goin, "Your tyaking 7 A Levels???? YOu must be MADDDD" but here i was today, worked hard, and guess what? i got these results:

Business Studies - A
Psychology - A
COmputers - A
Sociology - A
Media Studies - A
Textiles, Technology and Surfing - A
General Studies - A

but then things took a turn 4 the worst i rung up the univeritsy asking for confirming my place, but they said no!!!! i can't belive it! but its all sorted now - after minutes of jot then panicking i finally got a place thru clearing at university of Lampeter wooohooo

xx
Thu 18/08/05 at 19:27
Regular
"One Man Landslide"
SHEEPY wrote:
> Is it an old man joke?

Read about Sam Cooke, then read about one of his most famous songs.

You'll definitely get it

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.